Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2016, 02:16 AM - 3 Likes   #61
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I stopped by a park on the way to work today to get some shots of the spring blossoms. These were all taken on the Fujifilm X-M1 with Auto Revuenon 50mm f/1.4. Cross-posted to the 50mm thread.

Auto Revuenon 50mm f/1.4 quinto de los molinos
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

This one was taken wide open

03-18-2016, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #62
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Skate park grafiti with Fujifilm X-M1 & Auto Revuenon 50mm f/1.4

03-24-2016, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

Forgot to post the rest of the set...

I was a bit gutted, I missed the chap giving a daffodil to a young girl...

Thats the set.

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 02:41 PM ----------

Also forgot this...

Had a go at a bit of portraiture this week.... something I hate! I think I went a bit overboard with the processing, there was a fair amount of noise as they were shot handheld with little natural light at ISO 5000... Still I'm fairly pleased with myself, a good start but room for improvement! Fuji X-Pro 1 and XF60mm

03-24-2016, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Trying a different workflow through Silkypix, then Lightroom.

A kind of symmetry
by Aaron, on Flickr

Spring sunset
by Aaron, on Flickr

04-07-2016, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I admit I don't think I've used the M 50/1.7 since last summer but I used it a little today and I can't believe I left it unused for so long.

These were taken on the Fuji X-M1, both at f/2.8 I think. Passed to my phone a processed in VSCO.

Late blossoms

Spring sunshine
04-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From last summer. Still snowy here, no flowers yet.

Transient
by Aaron, on Flickr
04-09-2016, 05:49 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I recently bought a PKA to Fuji adapter as my PK to Fuji X doesn't allow any control of the aperture for lenses with no aperture ring, meaning they can only be shot at minimum aperture. So now I can use DA lenses on the Fuji, which allows me to get proper wide-angle on it as the widest lens with an aperture ring I have is 24mm.

I have spent a short while today testing the DA 21mm limited on it as I may take this camera with me on an upcoming trip instead of the K3. I'm happy to say it's a combination that works very well. The wide angle of view combined with the tiltable screen and great live-view make shots possible that would be very hard on the K3. These were both shot wide open.

DSCF0315

DSCF0318a

04-09-2016, 07:37 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I recently bought a PKA to Fuji adapter as my PK to Fuji X doesn't allow any control of the aperture for lenses with no aperture ring, meaning they can only be shot at minimum aperture. So now I can use DA lenses on the Fuji, which allows me to get proper wide-angle on it as the widest lens with an aperture ring I have is 24mm.

I have spent a short while today testing the DA 21mm limited on it as I may take this camera with me on an upcoming trip instead of the K3. I'm happy to say it's a combination that works very well. The wide angle of view combined with the tiltable screen and great live-view make shots possible that would be very hard on the K3. These were both shot wide open.

DSCF0315

DSCF0318a
Nice shots, and good to know about that adapter. I have to get one!
04-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Nice shots, and good to know about that adapter. I have to get one!
Thanks.

I didn't realise that this adapter existed until I found someone in a forum somewhere using one. Below is the link to the one I bought in case you want it. Be aware that mine took around a month to arrive, as is typical for e-bay purchases from the far east with free postage. This adapter is a bit less well-built than my PK one, I suppose because it has moving parts, so I use the plain PK one when I'm not going out with DA lenses.

Roxsen Pentax K mount DA AF lens To Fujifilm X-Pro1 Adapter camera Fuji X-T1 E2 | eBay
04-21-2016, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #70
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I used the little DA 21mm limited a lot in Paris this week (on my Fuji X-M1). Amazingly I don't think I got even one green blob of flare

Stride

Paris wheel

Metro lights

Red man
04-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I recently picked up a Fujifilm X-E2 and X-T10. LOVING the X-T10. I have the 27mm pancake but haven't used it much because I have been addicted to the quality of the 35mm f/1.4. I shot a couple of student competitions with my K-3 and several different lenses (mostly DA* 16-50 and DA* 50-135) and had more keepers and images that I said WOW about from the Fuji. Seriously considering selling off all of my Pentax gear and going all in with Fuji!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T10  Photo 
04-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pghwarrior23 Quote
I recently picked up a Fujifilm X-E2 and X-T10. LOVING the X-T10. I have the 27mm pancake but haven't used it much because I have been addicted to the quality of the 35mm f/1.4. I shot a couple of student competitions with my K-3 and several different lenses (mostly DA* 16-50 and DA* 50-135) and had more keepers and images that I said WOW about from the Fuji. Seriously considering selling off all of my Pentax gear and going all in with Fuji!
Looks like fun. If you do people, and not video, Fuji is all good.

PS - Don't write off that 27mm...
04-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yeah I haven't written off the 27 and many consider it to one of the best Fuji lenses for sharpness and overall quality use. And the X-E2 with the pancake is a crazy small setup with a fast lens and big sensor! I just have not been out with 2 camera bodies with Fuji yet where I would put the 27 on one and a longer lens on another...and to me, 27 and 35 are so close in focal length that a few steps and it is the same. I am seriously considering picking up a 35mm f/2 because I have read a ton of reviews and videos about people saying how much faster and quieter it is along with sharper and smaller. That f/1.4 is nice to have though but in most cases, the f/2 would be more than enough shallow dof. Plus the f/2 is weather sealed. The 56 is high on my list right now and would love the 50-140 also as I LOVE my DA* 50-135. A X-T1 is likely in my future too if I continue on the Fuji pathway for the more robust body, opportunity for a vertical grip, speed, weather sealing, etc.

This was one of the first street shots I took with the X-E2 and 35 f/1.4 and right out of the camera I was like...wow...those skin tones and incredible sharpness and accuracy (EVF certainly helps with nailing the settings).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-E2  Photo 
04-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #74
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some from the M 85mm f/2 in Paris, all taken on the Fujifilm X-M1.

The Arch

Paris blue

Feet
04-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #75
Pentaxian

Original Poster
M 35mm f/2 and Fujifilm X-M1

2016-04-21_09-55-00