Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #121

QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
I did the same thing. I personally like the x100. The most recent version of the firmware makes things MUCH better, but it isn't perfect. I know the x100s and t fix these issues and when those are $400.00 listed on KEH with a warranty I'll probably pick one up.
I agree, for some reason I actually prefer the results from the original x100 over s&t.
Hopefully there will be a big discount on 100s&t when the new x100 is out.

11-06-2016, 06:51 AM   #122
Veteran Member

I was allowed to do some photos at a local Battle of Briton parade, only a couple I really liked.

I was using my X-Pro 1 and 55-200 due to poor access.

As it was bonfire night here in the UK yesterday I thought it would be good to get some photos in bulb mode with the wife and kids using sparklers, quite happy with how they turned out. X-Pro 1 and 18mm lens

My wife tried to write Love..... didn't work...

Thought they were quite a fun effect.

Cheers, Steve
11-06-2016, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #123
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Nice results, especially the sparklers.
11-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
I was allowed to do some photos at a local Battle of Briton parade, only a couple I really liked.

I was using my X-Pro 1 and 55-200 due to poor access.

As it was bonfire night here in the UK yesterday I thought it would be good to get some photos in bulb mode with the wife and kids using sparklers, quite happy with how they turned out. X-Pro 1 and 18mm lens

My wife tried to write Love..... didn't work...

Thought they were quite a fun effect.

Cheers, Steve
Good work on the parade, like our ANZAC commemorations in NZ (April 25, we don't commemorate anything like that on November 11) there are now quite a mix of participants from different generations, and I personally like that.

Another strange part is that Guy Fawkes is hardly celebrated here in Canada(much so in NZ), but a week or so ago it sounded like a war-zone for Diwali! Sparklers are fun.

11-07-2016, 05:56 AM   #125
Veteran Member

We have a few parades over the months, Battle of Britain was back earlier in the year, and of course we had some this Sunday and again on the 11th, I will be taking part on the 11th in 2 parades locally.

Guy Fawkes isn't really celebrated (well he isn't celebrated, the fact of him getting caught, hung, drawn and quartered is celebrated....) in our house my wife being an Irish Catholic... we just let the kids had a go with some sparklers. He was still the last man to enter parliament with honest intentions.....
We don't really get Diwali or Eid al-Fitr for that matter down here in Cornwall, we are a bit isolated from the rest of the UK in terms of race and religion.

A couple more from the parade.

Cheers, Steve
11-11-2016, 01:04 PM - 2 Likes   #126
Forum Member

Hi!
I've had an X-A1 and now I use an X-M1.
I use almost exclusively manual lenses on it having more or less given up trying to use them on my SLR.
Currently, my Summaron 35mm F3.5 virtually lives on that camera. What I like particularly about using rangefinder lenses is that the mount adapter is only about 10mm thick so everything is compact.
Having said that, most of the time I use a helical adapter which puts an extra few millimeters forward throw on the lens so minimum focus distance is closer than it would be on a Leica body.
This setup is very good for street/candid photography, especially with the flip out screen sitting horizontally facing up, I do most of my street stuff shooting from the hip like this.
11-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #127
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photator Quote
Hi!
I've had an X-A1 and now I use an X-M1.
I use almost exclusively manual lenses on it having more or less given up trying to use them on my SLR.
Currently, my Summaron 35mm F3.5 virtually lives on that camera. What I like particularly about using rangefinder lenses is that the mount adapter is only about 10mm thick so everything is compact.
Having said that, most of the time I use a helical adapter which puts an extra few millimeters forward throw on the lens so minimum focus distance is closer than it would be on a Leica body.
This setup is very good for street/candid photography, especially with the flip out screen sitting horizontally facing up, I do most of my street stuff shooting from the hip like this.
I hadn't thought about using rangefinder lenses, most likely because I don't have any. It would be nice to be able to make my Fujifilm, setup more compact but Leica mount lenses are so expensive it's unlikely to happen. Care to post a photo of your Fujifilm-Summaron setup?

11-12-2016, 06:06 AM - 3 Likes   #128
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I hadn't thought about using rangefinder lenses, most likely because I don't have any. It would be nice to be able to make my Fujifilm, setup more compact but Leica mount lenses are so expensive it's unlikely to happen. Care to post a photo of your Fujifilm-Summaron setup?
There are much cheaper RF lenses with Leica M39 screw mounts, mainly found on Russian cameras. The Jupiter 8 is one I've used and still own, it's pretty good and actually very cheap, they often go on e-bay for around $40.
Here is my set up...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 7D  Photo 
11-12-2016, 09:41 PM - 2 Likes   #129
Forum Member

There are much cheaper RF lenses with Leica M39 screw mounts, mainly found on Russian cameras. The Jupiter 8 is one I've used and still own, it's pretty good and actually very cheap, they often go on e-bay for around $40.
Here is my set up...
...my Leica setup that is, now here is a photo of the same camera with the (much cheaper) Jupiter 8 lens attached:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 7D  Photo 
11-18-2016, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #130
Forum Member

...my Leica setup that is, now here is a photo of the same camera with the (much cheaper) Jupiter 8 lens attached:
...and the Voigtlander
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 7D  Photo 
11-19-2016, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #131
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here is my set up...
...and the Voigtlander
Very nice.
11-19-2016, 03:53 AM - 3 Likes   #132
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some street art in Paris with the X-M and DA 40mm limited.

DSCF0940
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

DSCF0931
11-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #133
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Some street art in Paris with the X-M and DA 40mm limited.

DSCF0940

DSCF0931
Fascinating, you've got a Pentax pancake lens adapted to fit on an X-M1?! How thick is the adapter?
11-20-2016, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #134
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Fascinating, you've got a Pentax pancake lens adapted to fit on an X-M1?! How thick is the adapter?
Significantly larger than the lens itself but this combo is the smallest camera setup I have and works extremely well. I was on the verge of taking it yesterday to a wedding but decided on the M 35mm f/2 instead in case I needed the speed. Below are some shots from yesterday with that pairing.

DSCF1363

DSCF1359

DSCF1349a

DSCF1373a
11-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #135
Forum Member

X-mas Market, Kingston