Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8388 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2019, 07:05 PM - 3 Likes   #721
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This one's got the squirrels and biscuits with white gravy for breakfast feel to it, don't ya think?

Fujifilm X-T20 with the XC16-50 kit lens.

01-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #722
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
AD600 due to the mount. I don't like the AD400 mount. Get 2 AD200 units and the bracket to put both of them in a softbox if you need the power and you can always separate them when you need 2 lights.
Yep exactly what I intend to do.
01-27-2019, 11:34 AM - 5 Likes   #723
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

01-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
One of the things I'd like is a viewfinder as I've noticed recently some times when it would be handy to have rather than just the screen and the X-A cameras (like my X-M1) lack that.

You've confused me a bit with "in a few weeks when the XT20 is out".
Whoops, I meant when the XT30 is out.
Agreed on the viewfinder, a comment for consideration- although it has a higher refresh rate, the EVF on the X-T20 is smaller than that of the earlier cameras like the X-E2. I do personally notice this.
That being said, I also have the Panny GM5 and can function with the much smaller EVF on that camera.

01-28-2019, 02:18 AM - 2 Likes   #725
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Whoops, I meant when the XT30 is out.
Agreed on the viewfinder, a comment for consideration- although it has a higher refresh rate, the EVF on the X-T20 is smaller than that of the earlier cameras like the X-E2. I do personally notice this.
That being said, I also have the Panny GM5 and can function with the much smaller EVF on that camera.
I've never used or even tried an electronic viewfinder so I will need to see how I take to it.

Another lightly used 60mm f/2.4 has just popped up locally so now the decision between camera and lens is back

In the meantime, making use of what I have now, here's one from yesterday using the 18mm f/2 (which I haven't used for a while, it's my least used lens as I only bought it so that I'd have a wide angle native lens in case I go anywhere and need to keep the kit small, too small for my K-3 to be an option).

Mara
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Last edited by Jonathan Mac; 01-28-2019 at 03:09 AM.
01-28-2019, 02:19 PM - 8 Likes   #726
Veteran Member

Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
X-T3 and XF16-55mm @F11 ISO160 - 60 seconds.
I got out of subway when I saw the colors in the sky, ran to that spot and in a minute the camera was on tripod, ND filter attached and ready for a 50 seconds exposure. Glad I was carrying my camera bag today when commuting.
BTW I used some GOBE filter set for the first time on this image. They are relatively low priced and I think the quality is great for the price. The 3 filters set has a nice box and a smart way to keep them attached when not on camera.
More info HERE
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T3  Photo 
01-29-2019, 01:34 AM - 1 Like   #727
Pentaxian

Wow! It's amazing! Great, cool! Just is fantastic

01-29-2019, 06:24 PM - 2 Likes   #728
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never used or even tried an electronic viewfinder so I will need to see how I take to it.

Another lightly used 60mm f/2.4 has just popped up locally so now the decision between camera and lens is back

In the meantime, making use of what I have now, here's one from yesterday using the 18mm f/2 (which I haven't used for a while, it's my least used lens as I only bought it so that I'd have a wide angle native lens in case I go anywhere and need to keep the kit small, too small for my K-3 to be an option).

Mara
Enjoy, whichever way you go. That's a tiny little human!

A couple of contributions from Capture One express, from a trip a while ago:

One Big Hill
by Aaron, on Flickr

Off to the mountains
by Aaron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 01-29-2019 at 08:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
X-T3 and XF16-55mm @F11 ISO160 - 60 seconds.
I got out of subway when I saw the colors in the sky, ran to that spot and in a minute the camera was on tripod, ND filter attached and ready for a 50 seconds exposure. Glad I was carrying my camera bag today when commuting.
BTW I used some GOBE filter set for the first time on this image. They are relatively low priced and I think the quality is great for the price. The 3 filters set has a nice box and a smart way to keep them attached when not on camera.
More info HERE
NIce shot. Like the sky colours.
01-30-2019, 01:37 AM   #729
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
Wow! It's amazing! Great, cool! Just is fantastic
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote

NIce shot. Like the sky colours.
Thanks, I just did a A3+ Print on Canon Platinum Matte paper and it is looking really good.
After 4 months shooting the Fuji System almost exclusively I can say Im very happy, not only by the results (IQ and Prints) but also by the whole Fuji shooting experience.
Another example of Fuji strong points : I've done a photo reportage for an association recently and ended using only the Jpegs SOOC ! Huge time saver and the client was really satisfied.
01-30-2019, 01:44 AM - 2 Likes   #730
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Thanks, I just did a A3+ Print on Canon Platinum Matte paper and it is looking really good.
After 4 months shooting the Fuji System almost exclusively I can say Im very happy, not only by the results (IQ and Prints) but also by the whole Fuji shooting experience.
Another example of Fuji strong points : I've done a photo reportage for an association recently and ended using only the Jpegs SOOC ! Huge time saver and the client was really satisfied.
The ability to use SOOC jpegs is a big part of the Fujifilm experience and one of the biggest temptations to move away from Pentax as my main system.

---------- Post added 30-01-19 at 10:04 AM ----------

X-M1 and 35mm f/1.4 in a local park

Flowers

TV
01-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #731
Veteran Member

The ability to use SOOC jpegs is a big part of the Fujifilm experience and one of the biggest temptations to move away from Pentax as my main system.[COLOR="Silver"]
I agree, JPEG shooting has been a new path to taking pictures for me. I've learned some new things by shooting JPEG's with a ML camera.
Of course I keep shooting RAW alongside and the last image I posted is purely a RAW image shooting and PP.
02-03-2019, 12:11 AM - 2 Likes   #732
Veteran Member

Berlin

02-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #733
Pentaxian

Don't ask how, but I managed to take this shot 4 stops overexposed. Even so, the sensor in my X-T20 body captured enough information that I was able to pull this usable photograph out from raw. When I first opened it in RawTherapee, the preview was completely white. A few minutes work with exposure, contrast and saturation made up for the loose screw behind the viewfinder.

02-06-2019, 01:25 PM - 3 Likes   #734
Pentaxian

02-07-2019, 10:27 AM - 2 Likes   #735
Pentaxian