Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8388 Likes Search this Thread
09-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #1426
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
70-300mm lenses aren't my thing largely because they make me think of poor quality third party optics but I can imagine a Fujifilm one might be pretty good and would be a more modern design than the likes of Sigma and Tamron, plus possibly smaller as it'll be made for APS-C rather than FF.
I think it could be exciting to landscapers. This and the 16-80/4 is kind of appealing.

---------- Post added 09-03-2020 at 08:35 PM ----------

This lens looks to render quite interestingly. The short movie was beautiful and what a great photographer to represent it. Very impressive.This is Fuji in upbeat, compared to their divisive x-pro3 and X-T4 releases.

09-03-2020, 01:18 PM   #1427
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
It looks like a good lens , Even if heavy and expensive ....
Lots of glass to achieve f 1.0.The F2.0 version is light and a third of the price,a good alternative.

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
Very impressive.
Heres some shots and commentry from Fuji and their sponsored shooters.

09-04-2020, 05:32 AM - 5 Likes   #1428
Veteran Member

X-t1 , Konica ar 50/1.7
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
09-06-2020, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #1429
Veteran Member

Hardly ever do I even try to capture birds .. they move so fast ... this one just happened to fly into a shot .
Cropped . Not great . But I like it : )

Black-capped chickadee .
X-t1, takumar 35/3.5

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
09-07-2020, 06:39 AM - 2 Likes   #1430
Veteran Member

X-t1, yashica 5cm /2
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
09-07-2020, 08:47 AM   #1431
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a question for the Fuji users here:

IBIS vs non-IBIS in a Fuji X body camera: is it necessary/worth it/to die for?

I am considering adding a used X body to my collection, primarily to shoot lenses other than Fuji X-mount lenses (Nikkor, Olympus, Yashica, etc) and nothing longer than 85mm in focal length....

I know the IBIS is especially important in hand-holding a body with focal lengths over 100mm and beyond.....
09-07-2020, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #1432
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I have a question for the Fuji users here:

IBIS vs non-IBIS in a Fuji X body camera: is it necessary/worth it/to die for?

I am considering adding a used X body to my collection, primarily to shoot lenses other than Fuji X-mount lenses (Nikkor, Olympus, Yashica, etc) and nothing longer than 85mm in focal length....

I know the IBIS is especially important in hand-holding a body with focal lengths over 100mm and beyond.....
It depends.
Excepting the X-H1 and X-T4, you are looking at non-IS anyway. The X-H1 may be a fit for you.
Personally, I have issues holding the X-T20 steady (it is very light), not the case for the X-E1 I had previously (different grip, better shake control at that time, etc.), and would chalk this up to the X-T20 being narrower/easier to rotationally shake.

In terms of use case and considerate of the above, I have had no issues with lenses from 24 - 105mm (SMC and Takumar, Minolta glass). They are good bodies for that and can be found cheaply these days. I would recommend trying capture one express, darktable or rawtherapee for landscape use.

09-07-2020, 10:31 AM - 2 Likes   #1433
Pentaxian

cornfield

Last edited by Martin Stu; 10-09-2020 at 08:28 PM.
09-07-2020, 10:57 AM   #1434
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
It depends.
Excepting the X-H1 and X-T4, you are looking at non-IS anyway. The X-H1 may be a fit for you.
Personally, I have issues holding the X-T20 steady (it is very light), not the case for the X-E1 I had previously (different grip, better shake control at that time, etc.), and would chalk this up to the X-T20 being narrower/easier to rotationally shake.

In terms of use case and considerate of the above, I have had no issues with lenses from 24 - 105mm (SMC and Takumar, Minolta glass). They are good bodies for that and can be found cheaply these days. I would recommend trying capture one express, darktable or rawtherapee for landscape use.

thank you - I am considering the X-T2, used (obviously), for my manual lens fetish....

I'll be keeping my Pentax gear for my M42 and K-mount lenses (no reason not to), so this will only be for lenses I can adapt to this mount...
09-07-2020, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #1435
Veteran Member

You need no image stabilization with these cameras , up to 150mm ; for me anyway .
: )

thank you - I am considering the X-T2, used (obviously), for my manual lens fetish....

I'll be keeping my Pentax gear for my M42 and K-mount lenses (no reason not to), so this will only be for lenses I can adapt to this mount...
09-07-2020, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #1436
Forum Member

If you like manual lenses the Fuji system is a great choice with the external control dials, a real bit of nostalgia. Plenty of different adapters as well so no problem using your manual Pentax lenses.

I have only just started using manual lenses on my XT3, with an SMC A 135mm lens and using focus peaking on the Fuji I have had some good results.
09-07-2020, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #1437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No problems. The X-T2 also has the nice digital split focus screen. I've found this to be useful. The EVF is also much nicer than the current X-TXX and X-EX bodies (they cheaped out on this - 0.62x, rather than the older 0.72x (albeit at higher resolution/refresh rate). I've also considered buying an older X-Pro body for this task - a little heavier, but lenses balance really nicely.
09-07-2020, 08:28 PM   #1438
Veteran Member

should say that I basically shoot wide open with my 150mm , or click or two closed , the m or k whichever it is. And I’ll shoot high iso , so I never even thought about that . So used to doing that .
QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
You need no image stabilization with these cameras , up to 150mm ; for me anyway .
09-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #1439
Pentaxian

IF,you are not in a hurry and can wait till next year? There will be plenty of used XH-1s available after the XH-2 comes along(its in development now).XH-1 is an Xt-2 with IBIS and the sweetest quietest shutter around.Its around the size of a K-3 and has the best WR of all the Fujis,has a top screen that XT series dont have.A much better EVF and its very good for video(Eterna SOC is the choice of many).Release price was 1899 plus 399 for battery grip which includes the 2 extra batteries that go in the grip.Late last year Fuji had a firesale and the body + grip and 2 batteries were going for 999.There are some newbies still around online too.H1 is a better camera.
09-08-2020, 03:40 AM   #1440
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
IF,you are not in a hurry and can wait till next year? There will be plenty of used XH-1s available after the XH-2 comes along(its in development now).XH-1 is an Xt-2 with IBIS and the sweetest quietest shutter around.Its around the size of a K-3 and has the best WR of all the Fujis,has a top screen that XT series dont have.A much better EVF and its very good for video(Eterna SOC is the choice of many).Release price was 1899 plus 399 for battery grip which includes the 2 extra batteries that go in the grip.Late last year Fuji had a firesale and the body + grip and 2 batteries were going for 999.There are some newbies still around online too.H1 is a better camera.

agreed - the X-H1 does appear to be the better camera..... but will be well over my budget....

I'm probably not in the market until December (unless something bizarre happens and all the lenses I have for sale..... well, sell) so I'm keeping my eyes open to the market as we move along...