Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

X-T2 with Auto-Topcor 58mm f1.4
10-25-2020, 02:28 AM   #1653
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

X-T2 with Auto-Topcor 58mm f1.4
Which JPEG simulation was this? Have you found one that you prefer for colour and mono?
10-25-2020, 05:24 AM - 3 Likes   #1654
Veteran Member

x-t1, nikkor 50/ 1.8 ais

10-25-2020, 06:47 AM   #1655
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by philanker2012 Quote
Which JPEG simulation was this? Have you found one that you prefer for colour and mono?
color shot are all Provia, plus my own tweaks in Luminar - I'm happy with that combination for color....

for mono, it depends - I shot a full day with Acros and liked the sim, but I have a harder contrast preset in Luminar for striking blacks and near-harsh whites....
10-25-2020, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #1656
Forum Member

color shot are all Provia, plus my own tweaks in Luminar - I'm happy with that combination for color....

for mono, it depends - I shot a full day with Acros and liked the sim, but I have a harder contrast preset in Luminar for striking blacks and near-harsh whites....
I do like the various jpeg simulations, almost spoilt for choice of which one to use. Then there are all the in camera tweaks that can be made to each simulation. certainly is in my view a jpeg shooters camera.

Not sure if it is a feature on the XT2 but the XT3 has a setting in the bracket mode that allows you to shoot three different film simulations in one shot. Takes a bit longer while buffering but gives an instant option of for example colour or mono.
10-25-2020, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #1657
Pentaxian

Not sure if it is a feature on the XT2 but the XT3 has a setting in the bracket mode that allows you to shoot three different film simulations in one shot. Takes a bit longer while buffering but gives an instant option of for example colour or mono.
Yes,its in all x series cameras from the very first XPro1....a nice situation on the XT30 is on the mode dial there are 2 custom settings,so mine has one set for my favourite 3 colour sims and the second is set for Acros with the different colour tweaks.So,I can take a colour bracket then turn the dial and get the 3 B/W shots.Great street shooter aid.

---------- Post added 10-26-20 at 05:34 AM ----------

certainly is in my view a jpeg shooters camera.
Fuji surveys their users regularly,one such reported 50% only shot Jpeg,25% Raw/Jpeg and 25% Raw only.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 10-26-20 at 06:23 AM ----------

Last edited by surfar; 10-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.
10-25-2020, 12:44 PM   #1658
Pentaxian

Sports with the X-T3

My main subject is surfing,stills and moving pictures.Also do some Soccer and flat track Motorbike racing.

Here is a link to a Pros methods of shooting sports.Shooting X-T3 for Sport | Fuji X Forum
10-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #1659
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
My main subject is surfing,stills and moving pictures.Also do some Soccer and flat track Motorbike racing.

Here is a link to a Pros methods of shooting sports.Shooting X-T3 for Sport | Fuji X Forum
An interesting link. A very versatile range of cameras and the more I look into it the more I find.
10-25-2020, 02:17 PM - 6 Likes   #1660
Pentaxian

A few recent efforts with the XF 16/2.8 on the X-T3 ... and I bought a XF 35/2 yesterday. Need to take it out for a good spin.

10-25-2020, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #1661
Pentaxian

I found the recent discussions of shooting raw vs jpg to be interesting. Lately I have been saving both, and I'd guess that 90% of the jpgs have turned out just as good - if not better - than what I could process from raw. No doubt there are many photographers out there with the skill and knowledge to get superior results from raws, but I wouldn't disagree with the premise that the camera-processed jpgs are more than adequate for the average photographer. This picture, taken with an X-T20 and the decent but not exceptional kit XC16-50, is one that I couldn't improve on in post-processing, so here is the SOOC jpg, just slightly cropped in GIMP.

10-25-2020, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #1662
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
I found the recent discussions of shooting raw vs jpg to be interesting. Lately I have been saving both, and I'd guess that 90% of the jpgs have turned out just as good - if not better - than what I could process from raw. No doubt there are many photographers out there with the skill and knowledge to get superior results from raws, but I wouldn't disagree with the premise that the camera-processed jpgs are more than adequate for the average photographer. This picture, taken with an X-T20 and the decent but not exceptional kit XC16-50, is one that I couldn't improve on in post-processing, so here is the SOOC jpg, just slightly cropped in GIMP.

exactly this....

I found the jpg engine in the K-3 quite sufficient for my images; the jpg's from the X-T2 even more so.....
10-26-2020, 07:01 AM - 2 Likes   #1663
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Neuse River Sailor Quote
kids are so great , especially young ones.

---------- Post added 10-26-20 at 10:02 AM ----------

exactly this....

I found the jpg engine in the K-3 quite sufficient for my images; the jpg's from the X-T2 even more so.....
and what is luminar ? i will look it up ... must be for jpegs .
10-26-2020, 07:20 AM   #1664
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote

and what is luminar ? i will look it up ... must be for jpegs .
Luminar is an image processing app, just like Lightroom, etc....
10-26-2020, 02:27 PM - 3 Likes   #1665
Veteran Member

The photos coming from the Fuji cameras really catches my eye. I was torn before I bought my Pentax between the KS 1 and a Fuji X100. Well, now I'm getting into photography more I've added a discreet little X10 to the mix as a carry all time option. First couple of attempts of a typical Covid day attached.

I'd welcome any comments or observations.

Last edited by CedrusMacro; 02-13-2021 at 12:16 PM.