Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8406 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2021, 10:27 PM   #2581
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Love this ongoing series, the only skate area near me is under an overpass and is pretty dark for action shots . one day when travel is more viable Mrs Eddie and I will get back to your neck of the woods and maybe we can meet for a shoot

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2021 at 11:13 ----------

Playing catchup on some processing, one from last week. starting to build some love for the GF45-100 (until just before Christmas I can count the number of times I have used zoom in the last decade)

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2021 at 12:07 ----------

GF110 with 20mm tube

Love that bridge shot.

03-01-2021, 06:08 AM   #2582
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
There are my grandmother’s chairs again , I don’t know which shot I like better , ( this or previous chairs shot a bit ago ) ..you like that 28 ?

---------- Post added 03-01-21 at 08:11 AM ----------

Did anyone measure the dynamic range of Fuji sensors ? I was trying to find that info.

Did anyone measure the dynamic range of Fuji sensors ? I was trying to find that info.
03-01-2021, 07:26 AM - 1 Like   #2583
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's a great shot with beautiful light.

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
There are my grandmother’s chairs again , I don’t know which shot I like better , ( this or previous chairs shot a bit ago ) ..you like that 28 ?

Did anyone measure the dynamic range of Fuji sensors ? I was trying to find that info.[COLOR="Silver"]
Not sure as they don't appear on the usual sensor-comparison website, but I see no reason why the DR would be different from that of the standard Bayer version of the sensor. Check the K-5 for the 16MP one, the K-3 for the 24MP one and I'm not sure which cameras use the Bayer version of the newest 26MP sensor. They do use the best of whatever's available in APS-C for each model, so I don't think you'll find anything better without going up to FF.

X-M1 and S-M-C Takumar 35mm f/3.5, wide open.

Lost Japan
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
03-01-2021, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #2584
Veteran Member

auto yashinon dx 50/ 2, x-t1

---------- Post added 03-01-21 at 01:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

Not sure as they don't appear on the usual sensor-comparison website, but I see no reason why the DR would be different from that of the standard Bayer version of the sensor. Check the K-5 for the 16MP one, the K-3 for the 24MP one and I'm not sure which cameras use the Bayer version of the newest 26MP sensor. They do use the best of whatever's available in APS-C for each model, so I don't think you'll find anything better without going up to FF.

X-M1 and S-M-C Takumar 35mm f/3.5, wide open.

Lost Japan
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
thanks, if i remember , k-5 had pretty good dynamic range , even back then.

good book ?

03-01-2021, 03:16 PM - 2 Likes   #2585
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yesterday on the Poitiers main plaza ... more work for my Fine Arts ("Les Beaux Arts") photo class. X-T3 & XF 35/2 with post in Darktable 3 ...

Great series, tack sharp. Thanks for posting them.
03-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #2586
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thank you...

it's my last 28mm lens, so I was trying to give it a decent run before deciding to sell it or not:

Pentacon Prakticar 28mm f2.8 MC - PentaxForums.com

Hatin' on the Twenty-Eight.... | Flickr

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
thank you....
03-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #2587
Veteran Member

thank you...

it's my last 28mm lens, so I was trying to give it a decent run before deciding to sell it or not:

Pentacon Prakticar 28mm f2.8 MC - PentaxForums.com

Hatin' on the Twenty-Eight.... | Flickr

thank you....
Have you used the 31 on a Fuji ? Is it gonna be good ? I like fifties as you know, but you got me using wider a lot now too.

03-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #2588
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you used the 31 on a Fuji ? Is it gonna be good ? I like fifties as you know, but you got me using wider a lot now too.
I have not used the FA 31 Limited on a Fuji body (yet) - it's on my K-3 right now, and probably will be there all month for the Single In Challenge in March...
03-02-2021, 12:47 AM   #2589
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

auto yashinon dx 50/ 2, x-t1

---------- Post added 03-01-21 at 01:36 PM ----------

thanks, if i remember , k-5 had pretty good dynamic range , even back then.

good book ?
Nice composition.
03-02-2021, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #2590
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Nice composition.
thank you thank you , Sam-I-Am ( what was that phrase Descartes said --" .... i think, therefor , I .... Sam_I_Am " )

--------

well, if you have ever had a range top surface element spark and explode while cooking, you will understand why i wouldn't recommend it ...

auto yashinon 1:2/ 5cm, xt1.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 12:21 PM ----------

I have not used the FA 31 Limited on a Fuji body (yet) - it's on my K-3 right now, and probably will be there all month for the Single In Challenge in March...
not even for a few shots ? geesh...
03-02-2021, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #2591
Veteran Member

thank you thank you , Sam-I-Am ( what was that phrase Descartes said --" .... i think, therefor , I .... Sam_I_Am " )

--------

well, if you have ever had a range top surface element spark and explode while cooking, you will understand why i wouldn't recommend it ...

auto yashinon 1:2/ 5cm, xt1.

---------- Post added 03-02-21 at 12:21 PM ----------

thankfully my rangetop burners haven't exploded we have a now 33 year old Garland 4 burner commercial gas stove in our kitchen if it exploded so would the house (it will be replaced this year though it is still working perfectly we are going to renovate and the lure of having a broiler and having self clean is winning out over 4 massively powerful cast iron burners
03-02-2021, 11:48 AM   #2592
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

no, that's why I held on to the K-3 and K-5, for AF lenses...
03-02-2021, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #2593
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
thankfully my rangetop burners haven't exploded we have a now 33 year old Garland 4 burner commercial gas stove in our kitchen if it exploded so would the house (it will be replaced this year though it is still working perfectly we are going to renovate and the lure of having a broiler and having self clean is winning out over 4 massively powerful cast iron burners
A new oven is tempting . This one will have to do for a while , if a new element thing works...
What did they do before electricity ....

Yes , gas stoves are nice though for cooking on. I’d need a propane set up . Boonies ..... you know ...
03-02-2021, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #2594
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

A new oven is tempting . This one will have to do for a while , if a new element thing works...
What did they do before electricity ....

Yes , gas stoves are nice though for cooking on. I’d need a propane set up . Boonies ..... you know ...
we have propane here that we cook and heat with, plus a wood stove in the West Wing...

being out here in the boonies is nice...
03-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #2595
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
At the playground today. I always let him get a book out of the Little Free Library. Today he chose a Danielle Steele novel. X-T2, XC16-50.