Show Printable Version 8397 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2021, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #2716
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote

this one hit explore overnight
awesome!!!

on a side note, I bought an XF 60mm Macro....

03-18-2021, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #2717
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
awesome!!!

on a side note, I bought an XF 60mm Macro....
It really is an excellent lens for the market prices , I am sure you will get some great shots with it (particularly with looming spring)
03-18-2021, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #2718

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Is there a thread here for people using Fuji X series cameras, especially with old lenses such as Pentax K or M42?

I ask because I might be getting one soon and thought there might be people here already using them.
Fuji x series? isn't that the current line up of mirrorless camera's? how could pentax lenses even fit on them?
03-18-2021, 06:04 AM   #2719
Veteran Member

this one hit explore overnight
What is explore ?

03-18-2021, 06:12 AM   #2720
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
Fuji x series? isn't that the current line up of mirrorless camera's? how could pentax lenses even fit on them?
with an adapter...
03-18-2021, 06:27 AM   #2721
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
What is explore ?
it is an unfathomable algorithm on Flickr that ends with high views and lots of likes on an image. In general, the images are usually very good (not always - and I don't even always agree with what hits from my posts but it is a form of recognition) you will find if you are participating in the monthly challenges and posting a lot you will start to hit them. though I went a long time between explore photos in the last 4 months since I returned here I have hit 4 times

when you log into Flickr Explore is usually where it lands (it is an extension of interestingness ) (if not it is a button at top of screen)

Explore | Flickr
03-18-2021, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #2722
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Now that's an old post. You can use almost any old film lens on almost any mirrorless camera since mirrorless mounts are all shorter than the old SLR or rangefinder mounts, so all you need is a tube with the appropriate mounts on each end.

it is an unfathomable algorithm on Flickr that ends with high views and lots of likes on an image. In general, the images are usually very good (not always - and I don't even always agree with what hits from my posts but it is a form of recognition) you will find if you are participating in the monthly challenges and posting a lot you will start to hit them. though I went a long time between explore photos in the last 4 months since I returned here I have hit 4 times

when you log into Flickr Explore is usually where it lands (it is an extension of interestingness ) (if not it is a button at top of screen)

Explore | Flickr
I'm not sure I'd agree that Explore images are usually very good, rather they're a sub-set of what many people regard as good if they have very little space for subtlety in what they appreciate in a photo. Massively bump up contrast and saturation (or just contrast if B&W) and you'll vastly improve your chances of getting an image into Explore.

03-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #2723
Veteran Member

Explore | Flickr
Ok , I’ll look for it ,
Maybe it’s the random images I see on there sometimes , other than from a follow ?

---------- Post added 03-18-21 at 11:39 AM ----------

Now that's an old post. You can use almost any old film lens on almost any mirrorless camera since mirrorless mounts are all shorter than the old SLR or rangefinder mounts, so all you need is a tube with the appropriate mounts on each end.

I'm not sure I'd agree that Explore images are usually very good, rather they're a sub-set of what many people regard as good if they have very little space for subtlety in what they appreciate in a photo. Massively bump up contrast and saturation (or just contrast if B&W) and you'll vastly improve your chances of getting an image into Explore.
Lately I’ve seen a few rubber duckies on Flickr . ........
03-18-2021, 08:39 AM   #2724
Veteran Member

I do see a lot of quality work when I bother to surf it, but yes there is also a lot of mediocrity (my work making it is proof of that). there definitely is a subset of overprocessed items (that I am sure are coated in epoxy when printed also Cats with bokeh......

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2021 at 10:44 ----------

Ok , I’ll look for it ,
Maybe it’s the random images I see on there sometimes , other than from a follow ?

---------- Post added 03-18-21 at 11:39 AM ----------

Lately I’ve seen a few rubber duckies on Flickr . ........
rubber duckies are the new Cat maybe _
03-18-2021, 09:05 AM   #2725

Are you serious? yeah i'll jsut get any old film era nikor lens and just pop it onto my new 2021 Fujifilm X-S10 its not going to work like that.
03-18-2021, 09:18 AM - 5 Likes   #2726
Veteran Member

Are you serious? yeah i'll jsut get any old film era nikor lens and just pop it onto my new 2021 Fujifilm X-S10 its not going to work like that.
I believe he was responding to 2 different posts, and yes you can use any old lens on your X-S10. Many I can use on my GFX50R (you some i need to revert to 35mm mode) I have Explores recently made with a 1970s Era Bronica MC150 f3.5 on the GFX (and others like the one above with more modern lenses that was the XF60 on my XH1) . Old lenses force you to slow down a little since they are manual focus and even on mirrorless that takes time. slowing down will make you compose more carefully too . I compared the SMC takumar 55 1.8 with the Fuji XF56 f1.2 and it did a pretty good job of holding it's own at a tiny fraction of the price (I still prefer the 56 don't get me wrong).

sometimes the flaws on old lenses work out. the Tak 55 1.8 on the GFX50R recently

and an explore with the mc150

03-18-2021, 01:28 PM   #2727
Veteran Member

I believe he was responding to 2 different posts, and yes you can use any old lens on your X-S10. Many I can use on my GFX50R (you some i need to revert to 35mm mode) I have Explores recently made with a 1970s Era Bronica MC150 f3.5 on the GFX (and others like the one above with more modern lenses that was the XF60 on my XH1) . Old lenses force you to slow down a little since they are manual focus and even on mirrorless that takes time. slowing down will make you compose more carefully too . I compared the SMC takumar 55 1.8 with the Fuji XF56 f1.2 and it did a pretty good job of holding it's own at a tiny fraction of the price (I still prefer the 56 don't get me wrong).

sometimes the flaws on old lenses work out. the Tak 55 1.8 on the GFX50R recently

You use k mount lenses on the gfx ? Or m42 ? That format .. ( not that I’ll be getting a medium format any time soon , only because of the cost . )
03-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #2728
Veteran Member

You use k mount lenses on the gfx ? Or m42 ? That format .. ( not that I’ll be getting a medium format any time soon , only because of the cost . )
I use my m42 takumars and my old Bronica ETR lenses alongside my 4 gfx lenses .
03-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #2729

Ok then Ive never heard of old film era lenses just happening to fit onto modern 2020's mirrorless camera's that are a different make altogether.
03-18-2021, 09:00 PM   #2730
Veteran Member

Ok then Ive never heard of old film era lenses just happening to fit onto modern 2020's mirrorless camera's that are a different make altogether.
There are adaptors for almost any lens ever made out there , old lenses have a character all their own. It costs little to try them on a mirror less (and almost all the pictures others have posted on this thread are using adapted lenses

Last edited by eddie1960; 03-22-2021 at 05:52 AM.