Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2015, 02:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Konica T3 Kit, You All Have Got To See This...

This kit is actually going to one of the kids in my family if it works. We bought it for her because she saw it online and totally flipped over the vintage leather case and straps. I do think she rather likes the looks of the camera also, laugh, but it was definitely the accessories that got her. She loves anything 60's, 70's hippie. She's a total flower child this kid. I rather like it myself. It's a really nice bag and strap combo. I'm not too sure it's not handmade that bag. Looks like it might be real leather, made maybe on a reservation? I can't really tell from the pic but the design on it looks rather Native American to me.

In any case it was a definite find, I think. The TC isn't a bad camera from what I am reading. I don't know yet if that's the 50 or the 40mm but if it turns out to be the 50mm then I may hunt down a 40mm for her for Christmas. That's supposed to be a good almost pancake lens for this mount. I think it's the 50mm, but it could be the 40mm too. They often came as a kit lens with these. Looking at it, the long lens has to be the 80-200mm zoom or maybe the 28-135mm but I think the former is more likely. She has an E-PL1 though so if the body is a dud I could just get her a Konica/M43 adapter for them too. We'll see.

Lens chart for Konica...

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/konica/konica_tc-x/chart04.jpg

Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 07-20-2015 at 02:55 AM.
07-20-2015, 03:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Konica Autoreflex T was a beautiful camera. (It cost nearly 3 weeks wages, if I remember correctly).
I reckon it led the pack for enthusiast's cameras. I loved it.
The TC came out years later and was a smaller form factor - would have loved one, but the budget demanded that I stick with what I had (and use it sparingly!)
The flower child should love it - after all it was sold during the flower power era.
07-20-2015, 03:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I still cannot quite figure out the longer lens. Nothing I'm running across looks quite like it. It's got to be a zoom, right? But the shape of it is off for most of the Konica zoom lenses I'm looking at on Ebay. It's an odd little lens that. Only one shorter, chubby little rubber ring, way at the bottom? What I am seeing in Konica zooms, most makes, almost all of them have a longer rubber ring or even more than one. I'm thinking it might be a Tokina or Vivitar for Konica mount, but I'll be darned if I can figure out which one. I don't think it's a Konica brand lens though...

---------- Post added 07-20-15 at 07:06 AM ----------

You know I can't help but look at this bag and not think a K1000 SE in brown wouldn't look great in there, much better than the Minolta TC. Yeah? I guess I could re-leather one of the K1000's I have for her in brown leather. I don't have an SE unfortunately but a leather change would work I guess too. This camera is cute but it just doesn't seem to fit that bag's look to me. I'm admittedly a bit of a purist though when it comes to stuff matching. This camera, needs a black case or a red one. The hippie case needs a brown leather camera...

Last edited by magkelly; 07-20-2015 at 04:08 AM.
07-20-2015, 04:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't help with the lens issue.
I bought mine with the standard 52mm F1.8 lens and my small tele and wide angle were both Tamrons.

07-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah ha, FOUND it. (I found more pics of the kit. They were selling it in a couple of places.) It's the Tokina Close Focus D Zoom 35-105, which pleases me to no end as that's a great companion for the 50 F1:7 lens which I am pretty sure that one is given it was usually the one sold on that camera. It looks like it. So not bad at all, and the case is probably Mexican leather actually, with a Mayan design. It's got a Mayan wheel on the back. It's pretty cool...

The RMC Tokina 35-105 mm f/ 3.5-4.3 Lens. Specs. MTF Charts. User Reviews.
07-20-2015, 05:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's the bag, a bit better pics. I think there might be a leather shoulder strap tucked inside there too, or something, can't quite tell, but I kind of like the hippie strap as shoulder strap thing. That's an unusual pattern, one I have not seen, and it's in nice shape for something that old. Oh, and I like this woman. She's a very honest seller this lady. We mentioned seeing the same lot on Ebay for less? She refunded us the difference, $12, even though it was an Ebay thing and we bought it on Bonanza. Not too many sellers would do that, so I am duly impressed and I bookmarked her store for future reference. The whole kit was like $37 plus $9 to ship, very nicely priced indeed.

I'm told the bag might be earlier than the camera, likely late 50's or early 60's as the ones from later don't have quite as much Mayan tooling as this one does. Likely it's from a Mexican company called Flores and yes, it is hand tooled. Given the prices for pursed like these on Ebay and elsewhere I think this was a very lucky buy. I don't see too many camera bags like it. She's going to have to take very good care of this. It is genuinely antique at this point.
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 07-20-2015 at 06:13 AM.
01-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

magkelly, have you been taking any pictures with that Konica Autoreflex T3? I have the T model mentioned by another poster. Interesting slrs -- too bad they can't swap lenses with the Pentax K-mount family.

RE your pictures: The strap on the bag looks very "late-'60s," but the bag itself, with all of its tooling, looks more like it was made by a saddle-bag maker.