Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2016, 05:30 AM   #226
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,423
CES is here and samsung had it's press conference about state of the art fridges and some other stuff like TV's a chromebook, a tablet and a vr video camera, but nothing about NX-mount whatsoever. Nikon is consolidating in DSLR's so even dpreview has lost faith: Opinion: Pour one out for Samsung cameras: Digital Photography Review

Still wondering where samsungs components are going though.....

01-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #227
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
nx1 is still in stock, and back up to it's regular $1499 price Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Digital Camera EV-NX1ZZZBZBUS B&H Photo
01-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #228
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,423
It is still a very good camera, especially for shooting video. No need to clear the stock in a hurry. In Europe the price has dropped in most shops.

Samsung NX 1 Prijzen op Kieskeurig.nl
http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4586825_-nx1-body-samsung.html
01-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #229
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
samsung pulled out of europe, so it's not surprising that the price dropped there.

companies don't keep unprofitable product lines in stock with high prices, that's not logical, because it requires administrative overhead that costs money.

the nx1 is selling for the same overpriced $1499 that it's always sold at because it's making a profit for the company.

01-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #230
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,333
With the announcement of the D5 and D500, do the rumors that had Nikon as a suitor still make sense? I'm not sure. Maybe the Pentax K-1 will feature a fullframe version of the Samsung BSI sensor (with a slightly lower pixel density)? I wouldn't count on it, but we can dream for a few more weeks, I guess....
01-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #231
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,423
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
samsung pulled out of europe, so it's not surprising that the price dropped there.

companies don't keep unprofitable product lines in stock with high prices, that's not logical, because it requires administrative overhead that costs money.

the nx1 is selling for the same overpriced $1499 that it's always sold at because it's making a profit for the company.
Ok explain why samsung doesn't even mention camera's at a press conference of the biggest consumer electronics show in the US where Nikon announces it's flagships for FX and DX. Japanese companies can launch products at CP+ but samsung doesn't go there.
01-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #232
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,803
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
With the announcement of the D5 and D500, do the rumors that had Nikon as a suitor still make sense? I'm not sure. Maybe the Pentax K-1 will feature a fullframe version of the Samsung BSI sensor (with a slightly lower pixel density)? I wouldn't count on it, but we can dream for a few more weeks, I guess....
Not likely at all, and why would you want Samsung when there's a 42mp Sony BSI sensor?

01-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,926
Samsung and Pentax did good business in the past. You wouldn't rule anything out, even if unlikely.
01-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #234
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,333
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Not likely at all, and why would you want Samsung when there's a 42mp Sony BSI sensor?
Dunno. Because I don't overly like Sony as a company? Because differentiation is good? Because of the Samsung processor? Because maybe they won't be getting the 42MP Sony sensor any time soon? Because maybe they could make it 50MP, plus pixel shift? Because that could also mean an NX mount Pentax APS-C mirrorless with a smart k-mount adapter? Just dreaming here...

Last edited by Doundounba; 01-06-2016 at 04:02 PM.
01-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #235
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,608
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Dunno. Because I don't overly like Sony as a company? Because differentiation is good? Because of the Samsung processor? Because maybe they won't be getting the 42MP Sony sensor any time soon? Because maybe they could make it 50MP, plus pixel shift? Because that could also mean an NX mount Pentax APS-C mirrorless with a smart k-mount adapter? Just dreaming here...

that's a pleasant dream....


but at this stage, theres no definitive directions for NX....apart from the retail shut downs in various markets


CES isn't over and perhaps some further announcement?


Sammy got into ILC via rebadging Pentax....it'd be nice that the reverse happened with the smart adapter???
01-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #236
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ok explain why samsung doesn't even mention camera's at a press conference of the biggest consumer electronics show in the US where Nikon announces it's flagships for FX and DX. Japanese companies can launch products at CP+ but samsung doesn't go there.
sony didn't launch any cameras at cp+

nobody is claiming that they are getting out of the camera business.
01-07-2016, 05:25 AM   #237
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,423
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
sony didn't launch any cameras at cp+

nobody is claiming that they are getting out of the camera business.
CES you mean, but they extensively talked about the Alpha system where samsung was silent. Sony will announce camera's at cp+ (a6100 and a99II and a bunch of lenses are expected)
01-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #238
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
CES you mean, but they extensively talked about the Alpha system where samsung was silent. Sony will announce camera's at cp+ (a6100 and a99II and a bunch of lenses are expected)
sony didn't announce new cameras at neither ces nor cp+, see the cp+ 2015 coverage: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3468545272/cp-2015-sony-shows-off-new-technology

we'll see what happens at cp+ 2016...
01-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #239
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,423
They did Introduce the A7II A7RII A77II A68 A7SII RX1MkII RX100MKIV RX10MKII in 2015.
01-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #240
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They did Introduce the A7II A7RII A77II A68 A7SII RX1MkII RX100MKIV RX10MKII in 2015.
samsung announced the nx500 in 2015: Capture Your Signature Moment with Samsung NX500 | SAMSUNG UK

your exact words were "Japanese companies can launch products at CP+ but samsung doesn't go there."

and i responded that sony also didn't announce cameras at that show, which clearly proved that your comment about the behavior of japanese companies was wrong.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
600mm, a7r, action, af, argument, business, camera, cameras, dont, dslr, dslrs, exif, focus, fuji, japan, lens, light, line, mirrorless, panasonic, people, post, sales, samsung, shot, shots, shutter, sony, time, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting the most out of the Q series CWRailman Pentax Q 23 04-24-2015 08:59 PM
Getting the most out of a $25 Vivitar 28mm lens ismaelg Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 04-23-2015 07:27 AM
Samsung's mobile phone business to absorb Samsung Digital Imaging? Tommy Pentax News and Rumors 2 09-30-2009 08:46 AM
Getting the best out of the sigma 10-20mm amicah22 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 33 04-06-2009 01:28 AM
Getting the most out of my K20D shadowraven Pentax DSLR Discussion 19 01-29-2009 04:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top