Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #76
Veteran Member

You guys this isnt going to happen. Seems like there are alot of people here are hoping for this to be true so pentax has less competition or something. None of these rumors exactly come from credible sources. Samsung has already confirmed that its not true. I find the insinuations here that sony will be next amusing though,

10-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They are pretty pessimistic about this on the samsung forum over at dpreview (except for some diehards).
10-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think Samsung has figured out the same thing Sony did. Premium camera buyers aren't looking for consumer electronics and that's what Samsung wants to be. They don't want to provide the support necessary to compete in the premium camera market. Sony has made an effort to change. Samsung isn't going to make that effort.
10-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #79
Pentaxian

never ending story this: Did Samsung just confirm that they are closing their camera business? | Photo Rumors

10-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #80
Veteran Member

No, it's pretty much confirmed that this is not true. Samsung appeared at photo expo a few days ago. Then theres this from dpreview

Rumors of Samsung Death greatly exagerrated: Samsung Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

And exactly a month ago samsung killed the rumors
Rumor busted: Samsung is *not* exiting the camera business! (At least, not the one you care about.)

Cant wait to trade in my aging dslr for some nx1 goodness. Samsungs lens line up is actually pretty decent. Its mirrorless so you have the benefit of quite a few adapter. The native selection actually isnt half bad either. With the 16-80 comming out this year i can more or less recreate my lens lineup from nikon. The i button is one of the coolest innovations ive seen in the photography world in a long time.

Even the fact that we are garaunteed frequent firmware updates is enough to get me to switch.

Last edited by neostyles; 10-26-2015 at 11:56 AM.
10-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
No, it's pretty much confirmed that this is not true. Samsung appeared at photo expo a few days ago. Then theres this from dpreview

Rumors of Samsung Death greatly exagerrated: Samsung Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

And exactly a month ago samsung killed the rumors
Rumor busted: Samsung is *not* exiting the camera business! (At least, not the one you care about.)

Cant wait to trade in my aging dslr for some nx1 goodness. Samsungs lens line up is actually pretty decent. Its mirrorless so you have the benefit of quite a few adapter. The native selection actually isnt half bad either. With the 16-80 comming out this year i can more or less recreate my lens lineup from nikon. The i button is one of the coolest innovations ive seen in the photography world in a long time.

Even the fact that we are garaunteed frequent firmware updates is enough to get me to switch.
If it is not true then why does Samsung not give us a definite answer instead of a vague one. US reps do not count it has to come directly from Korea. This last rumour is just from today and they will keep coming unless Samsung get their act together.
10-26-2015, 04:57 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Another unconfirmed rumour....CANIK is a new brand

10-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
If it is not true then why does Samsung not give us a definite answer instead of a vague one. US reps do not count it has to come directly from Korea. This last rumour is just from today and they will keep coming unless Samsung get their act together.
Really? When was the last time canon/nikon did that? Awhile back there was a rumor saying that nikon was going to release an epic firmware update that promised to totally turn our cameras into new ones. The press release actually came directly from nikon hq in new york but nikon never commented on it and it never happened If they were getting out of the the camera business why would they appear at photo expo a few days ago?
10-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #84
Pentaxian

Really? When was the last time canon/nikon did that? Awhile back there was a rumor saying that nikon was going to release an epic firmware update that promised to totally turn our cameras into new ones. The press release actually came directly from nikon hq in new york but nikon never commented on it and it never happened If they were getting out of the the camera business why would they appear at photo expo a few days ago?
Really? You are comparing a firmware update with getting out of the business?
10-28-2015, 03:00 AM   #85
Pentaxian

I'd be wary of believing rumour sites when it comes to things like this...

Old rumours are frequently regurgitated as new - how do you think they get their google ad revenue otherwise?
10-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #86
Veteran Member

The firmware update had much more cause to believe it was true, dude. I remember nikon rumors telling us that the press release came from nikon HQ in nyc.
10-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #87
Pentaxian

You do realise this thread is about whether Samsung is exiting the camera business or not and not about Nikon?
10-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #88
Pentaxian

The firmware update had much more cause to believe it was true, dude. I remember nikon rumors telling us that the press release came from nikon HQ in nyc.
I was referring to Samsung. Bad news travels fast and people that are invested in a system that is rumoured to be considered for discontinuation are (naturally) bound to panic.
10-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #89
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
people that are invested in a system that is rumoured to be considered for discontinuation are (naturally) bound to panic.
It is rumoured that the end of the world will soon be upon us, does this cause you to panic?
10-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
It is rumoured that the end of the world will soon be upon us, does this cause you to panic?
Nice straw man.