Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zorki Digital

I have to assume many have seen this but I certainly hadn't and a search didn't reveal anything.... so if you've not seen this video, check it out.
Totally bananas. Is it an early 20th century RF? Is it digital? What is it?

10-01-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Zorki was a Russian copy of a Leica model III RF camera, as was the Fed. Both are common and cheap on the used market, so a good source for such projects. Looks like a nice conversion.
10-01-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Based on the prominent SONY at the bottom of the touchscreen and the lens spec (Vario Tessar 25-105) he gives on his Google Plus page (linked from the YouTube page), it's a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W570 inside a hollowed-out Zorki. He did a beautiful job on the conversion - even used one of the rangefinder windows to house the AF assist LED.
10-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

There are quite a few like that I have seen and... I will be honest... I would buy one if they would be on the market with at least an aps-c sensor .
I love those old bodies. I have quite a few at home (one of them shows in my avatar <<< ).

This one is pretty cool too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDtmcWiaVM#t=11

10-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've seen similar conversions, I just can't believe the level of detail this guy achieved, using all the original controls to incorporate into the functionality. Just really well done.