Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 07:58 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'm as stubborn as my PitBull - lol - @ Norm - you seem to think I don't know aps-c - yet I have shot that format for over 8 years - should I have waited a whole year and rather waited for the D7200 or bought the D750 with a 24-120 F4 thrown in for practically for free. Thats ROI if any.

Your photographic school experience means nothing today where there are thousands of incredible photos uploaded everyday by individuals with zero "taught knowledge" - you, I and others here are probably at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to "experience" and producing good photos

I can bet you that on any landscape taken in good light your K3 would look no better than my Sony RX100 viewed on similar monitors- in fact the Sony will probably look better due to increased DOF - does that mean you will sell your K3 (incidentally why did you upgrade to a K3), and by one no it doesn't.

The D750 gives one infinite flexibility to many shooting scenarios and even allows my to use my apps-c macro lens - which can be seen above holds up very well in DX mode better than my D7000 - I can also elect to use the 1.2 x crop factor for a little bit more reach to.

Anyway here is my pitibull - never a happy poser

24-120 F6.3 ISO5000

11-08-2015, 08:03 AM - 1 Like   #92
Pentaxian

Geesh, my lame Nikon Df with only 5 fps nails focus with a 70-200/2.8 VRII on it good enough to do mild action shots. Those dogs shots were not shining examples, Norm.

11-08-2015, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
I'm as stubborn as my PitBull - lol - @ Norm - you seem to think I don't know aps-c - yet I have shot that format for over 8 years - should I have waited a whole year and rather waited for the D7200 or bought the D750 with a 24-120 F4 thrown in for practically for free. Thats ROI if any.

Your photographic school experience means nothing today where there are thousands of incredible photos uploaded everyday by individuals with zero "taught knowledge" - you, I and others here are probably at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to "experience" and producing good photos

I can bet you that on any landscape taken in good light your K3 would look no better than my Sony RX100 viewed on similar monitors- in fact the Sony will probably look better due to increased DOF - does that mean you will sell your K3 (incidentally why did you upgrade to a K3), and by one no it doesn't.

The D750 gives one infinite flexibility to many shooting scenarios and even allows my to use my apps-c macro lens - which can be seen above holds up very well in DX mode better than my D7000 - I can also elect to use the 1.2 x crop factor for a little bit more reach to.

Anyway here is my pitibull - never a happy poser

24-120 F6.3 ISO5000
We aren't allowed to have pit bulls here. Our last one died 5 years ago, idiot politicians.

Our Rudy... she used to carry her leash in her mouth. One of the best natured dogs ever. (The law said she had to be on a leash. It didn't say we had to be holding it.)

Stretched out in front of the fire. With Pearl the American Bulldog... both rescues...

Last edited by normhead; 11-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.
11-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #94
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by ColColt Quote
That picture makes me want to break out my pellet rifle...tree rats.
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Aw, they are quite sweet although where I live they do make birds stay away and I've seen them gang up on cats. I think loosing a few leopards in the trees here would soon put paid to Nutkin and his noisy mates,
QuoteOriginally posted by ColColt Quote
They chew the railing of my deck, dig holes in the ground, get up in the maple tree and chew on those whirlygigs so they fall all over the yard and deck and are just a nuisance.
Haters! Otis knows where you guys live...if that doesn't bother you....it should!

Regards!

11-08-2015, 10:24 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Geesh, my lame Nikon Df with only 5 fps nails focus with a 70-200/2.8 VRII on it good enough to do mild action shots. Those dogs shots were not shining examples, Norm.

Great shot as always Tuco.

But I think as important as a body's AF performance is how the lens performs as well. Pentax does not have any lens that is close to focusing speed of the Nikon (or Canon) 70-200mm II. There are folks that say the Pentax 60-250mm is fast. Ha! I think it would be a huge eye opener if they could play with the Canikon 70-200 II for a week.
The 150-450 may be faster....but most of the shots i have seen are of stationary subjects or things like airshows, which frankly is not a torture test for AF systems.
A good benchmark is when Pentax releases their 70-200mm, how it compares with the others.
11-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #96
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ya, ya, ya. Pentax sucks, Nikon rules.
11-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ya, ya, ya. Pentax sucks, Nikon rules.
Cmon...can we be realistic or is that considered out of line?
Sure Pentax has many strengths, but AF speed is not one of them. Pointing that out is not the same as saying "Pentax Sucks"

I really think PF should close the Non Pentax boards down.
Folks post how much they like their camera...but inevitably someone posts how they can get better shots with less expensive Pentax gear and the "fun" begins from there.

Last edited by cali92rs; 11-08-2015 at 10:40 AM.
11-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Pointing that out is not the same as saying "Pentax Sucks"
It sure isn't as bad as threatening poor little blind orphan squirrels with a damn pellet gun......

Regards!
11-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It sure isn't as bad as threatening poor little blind orphan squirrels with a damn pellet gun......

Regards!
Yea, i am not a squirrel fan...but talking about shooting an animal is not something i am a fan of
11-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #100
Pentaxian

Sure Pentax has many strengths, but AF speed is not one of them.
The problem with the AF speed issue is the lack of metrics, and difficulties sometimes comparing across systems and formats. I'm not so sure, for example, if a D7200 running a Sigma 70-200 does AF any faster or slower than a K-3 II running the same lens.
11-08-2015, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #101
Veteran Member

Yea, i am not a squirrel fan...but talking about shooting an animal is not something i am a fan of
Otis thanks you on behalf of all the little blind orphan squirrels of the world!

Regards!
11-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis thanks you on behalf of all the little blind orphan squirrels of the world!
+1 for super-cute.
This pic also seems to have nice, natural white balance. Different post-processing style? The warm yellowish cast common in your other squirrel pix is absent.
11-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
+1 for super-cute.
This pic also seems to have nice, natural white balance. Different post-processing style? The warm yellowish cast common in your other squirrel pix is absent.
Well, it's not my shot and I don't know where it came from...Otis swears it is from his personal album, but I'm not buying his story. I've tried to find the shooter without luck....but I can tell you it took some effort to get a shot like that. Yes, I agree the WB is just right too.

Otis tried to pass this one off as a blind orphan squirrel lost in the woods......I didn't buy that story either!

Regards!
11-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

Listen there's a better place to post your photos. Like over in the 300mm lens club. I know we're all supposed to gush over your work, and it's good, but no better than what's posted every day over there. And we aren't selecting from a life times work. We're putting up what we put out every day. As former Pentax shooter, you'd be quite welcome to contribute. Of course you'd just be one of the guys, not the photo god you seem to think you are.

I find this statement particularly odd considering it was you who posted these image as evidence that the D750 is all but redundant to the K3. I would think that if someone is posting images as a means to show this would be picking their best work, this would be especially true considering that the same images accompany most not if all FF threads. Are we all here to be in awe of this work, I have no regrets in saying this because of how you are so nonchalant with other peoples work and the way you behave. How many threads have we witnessed your repeated use of these images as the end all and be all of wildlife photography and that FF would give you no advantage you may be right. But that does not stop others from exceling with FF If you don’t what your work to be compared to other equipment don’t jump into and post the images

As for you remark earlier about the expert, I also find this statement kind of funny, how many countless threads you ( the True expert) need to post in. If FF is even hinted at your there, regardless of what the OP is using the camera for you feel the need to bring up your needs for wildlife with no relevance to the post, any thread with the words FF and wildlife and its 99% chance you would be there with the same outcome. You feel then need to be such an expert and readily determine what others do and do not need. when someone makes the statement they use FF for wildlife photography you find the need to do a web search find out who they are I find this particular unsettling and almost the actions of a internet bully

Please go on your way and if you don’t want your work criticised don’t post it in a thread as work we should all strive for, some of us are looking for more.

The size of the format has no bearing on the cost of the lens the only time a that we see a reduction in cost is when a lens for a format cannot perform at the same level, example with FF if we are only stuck with a 70-200 F/2.8 and had no access to a 70-200 F/4 to match a cropped of equivalent FOC and DOF control. Your whole argument with the 400 F5.6 that it’s a cheaper than anything FF can give you is all based on the fact you have selected a used lens compared to a new lens.

Well I will turn this around you, with the K1 and that 400 F5.6 the k3 version of this lens for apsc is so expensive blah, blah,( Insert norms words here). I can buy the 400 F5.6 for 400 buck and you with your K3 the only way you can compete with it is to buy the 300 F4 at $1300 or the 60-250 F/4 at $1350 man what a waste! Kind of a nonsensical argument don’t you think.
11-08-2015, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
I find this statement particularly odd considering it was you who posted these image as evidence that the D750 is all but redundant to the K3. I would think that if someone is posting images as a means to show this would be picking their best work, this would be especially true considering that the same images accompany most not if all FF threads. Are we all here to be in awe of this work, I have no regrets in saying this because of how you are so nonchalant with other peoples work and the way you behave. How many threads have we witnessed your repeated use of these images as the end all and be all of wildlife photography and that FF would give you no advantage you may be right. But that does not stop others from exceling with FF If you don’t what your work to be compared to other equipment don’t jump into and post the images

As for you remark earlier about the expert, I also find this statement kind of funny, how many countless threads you ( the True expert) need to post in. If FF is even hinted at your there, regardless of what the OP is using the camera for you feel the need to bring up your needs for wildlife with no relevance to the post, any thread with the words FF and wildlife and its 99% chance you would be there with the same outcome. You feel then need to be such an expert and readily determine what others do and do not need. when someone makes the statement they use FF for wildlife photography you find the need to do a web search find out who they are I find this particular unsettling and almost the actions of a internet bully

Please go on your way and if you don’t want your work criticised don’t post it in a thread as work we should all strive for, some of us are looking for more.

The size of the format has no bearing on the cost of the lens the only time a that we see a reduction in cost is when a lens for a format cannot perform at the same level, example with FF if we are only stuck with a 70-200 F/2.8 and had no access to a 70-200 F/4 to match a cropped of equivalent FOC and DOF control. Your whole argument with the 400 F5.6 that it’s a cheaper than anything FF can give you is all based on the fact you have selected a used lens compared to a new lens.

Well I will turn this around you, with the K1 and that 400 F5.6 the k3 version of this lens for apsc is so expensive blah, blah,( Insert norms words here). I can buy the 400 F5.6 for 400 buck and you with your K3 the only way you can compete with it is to buy the 300 F4 at $1300 or the 60-250 F/4 at $1350 man what a waste! Kind of a nonsensical argument don’t you think.
That's funny, and here I thought you were the internet bully... funny how that works. You're one of the first I've seen writing two paragraphs attacking someone else and then calling them a bully. Wat wid dat? Are you really thinking I couldn't criticize your work? I just see no point in doing that, but if you'd like..... Photo Critique - PentaxForums.com sometimes I help folks out.

QuoteQuote:
How many threads have we witnessed your repeated use of these images as the end all and be all of wildlife photography and that FF would give you no advantage you may be right. But that does not stop others from exceling with FF If you don’t what your work to be compared to other equipment don’t jump into and post the images
Too funny, that's what you do. I guess it's easy to recognize in others what you do yourself.

But really, if you're ever in the neighbourhood, stop in, we'll continue over a beer.
Closed Thread