Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2015, 06:45 PM   #76
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Ooh look see I can do the same with a K10D - a bit more interesting than a squirrel - don't you think?
No, not really...let's see your birdie do this?

Regards!

11-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #77

That picture makes me want to break out my pellet rifle...tree rats.
11-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ColColt Quote
That picture makes me want to break out my pellet rifle...tree rats.
Aw, they are quite sweet although where I live they do make birds stay away and I've seen them gang up on cats. I think loosing a few leopards in the trees here would soon put paid to Nutkin and his noisy mates,
11-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #79

They chew the railing of my deck, dig holes in the ground, get up in the maple tree and chew on those whirlygigs so they fall all over the yard and deck and are just a nuisance.

11-03-2015, 07:52 AM - 2 Likes   #80
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Why do owners of their K5ii and K3's feel so threatened - that they need to try and prove that their camera can easily do what say a Nikon, Canon, Sony FF can do??

No where have I ever said that the K5 or K3 is a crappy dslr and I certainly know in the right hands its more than enough.

But that is not the point of this thread - it's sharing about a new dslr where many are changing their D3s to this camera - which incidentally even to this day is regarded as the high iso king in the photographic world.

It has the same autofocus system as the D4, a flip screen (which is damn useful) wi-fi and a host of other amazing features - if you have never used 3D tracking well then you will never know

If we had to run statistics on aps-c vs FF in the world of fashion photography, portrait and location amongst professionals - I wonder in all honesty if Pentax would feature at all (even with the 645) - maybe Pentax knows something we don't and just maybe Pentax will have the last laugh, when it releases its FF. It will then make all us Canikon and Sony FF users weep and gnash our teeth and we will come back with heads bowed in shame

Of course then all the K5, K3 owners can dance in merry glee and shout I told you so and the hypocrisy is that they will probably move to FF to LOL . Still in 7 years of covering climbing competitions across the world I have never seen a Pentax used at these events.

Anyway I digress.... the D750 is a really a great DSLR
11-03-2015, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #81

Why do owners of their K5ii and K3's feel so threatened - that they need to try and prove that their camera can easily do what say a Nikon, Canon, Sony FF can do??

No where have I ever said that the K5 or K3 is a crappy dslr and I certainly know in the right hands its more than enough.

But that is not the point of this thread - it's sharing about a new dslr where many are changing their D3s to this camera - which incidentally even to this day is regarded as the high iso king in the photographic world.

It has the same autofocus system as the D4, a flip screen (which is damn useful) wi-fi and a host of other amazing features - if you have never used 3D tracking well then you will never know

If we had to run statistics on aps-c vs FF in the world of fashion photography, portrait and location amongst professionals - I wonder in all honesty if Pentax would feature at all (even with the 645) - maybe Pentax knows something we don't and just maybe Pentax will have the last laugh, when it releases its FF. It will then make all us Canikon and Sony FF users weep and gnash our teeth and we will come back with heads bowed in shame

Of course then all the K5, K3 owners can dance in merry glee and shout I told you so and the hypocrisy is that they will probably move to FF to LOL . Still in 7 years of covering climbing competitions across the world I have never seen a Pentax used at these events.

Because you have insulted their family, their shaolin temp and their honour.

These kind of post will always happen some of the key words we see , you don’t need a FF to take photographs like that, most photographs you will post would show no improvement with FF and other.

Truth be told some of the very arguments put forth here not one would hold against their argument for using an APS-C camera over point and shoot but more than likely those individuals would battle to the death that their APS-C is needed. One could also argue that most APS-C cameras produced in the last 8 year would have no problem with producing the images presented here but again they would argue to the death that the upgraded was needed.

Photography is like a finger pointing its way to the moon, concentrate on the finger and you will miss all that heavenly glory .

11-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #82
Pentaxian

You guys, with all due respect are way off base.

If you don't like people talking about the advantages of APS-c, don't come on an APS-c forum. There are reasons to use a D750. There are reasons not to, enough said.

I have lots of Nikon buddies, who actually put their cameras in my hands. I don't need bunch of know it alls coming on and telling me about the Nikon world. What is annoying is you think you know stuff other people don't because you bought a Full Frame camera, be it D750 or whatever. Come on here as equals, frame your message so it isn't APS_c against FF. I know you don't believe it's possible to say what you like about one system without putting down another, but my buddies do it all the time. I have ask, what is the matter with you? There's nothing worse than an FF expert wannabe proclaiming how great their camera is and spreading a bunch of half truths.

You come win and talk pile of half truths, then get upset when people who know more than you correct you.. No one gives a crap what camera you have. AN having a specific camera doesn't make you God's gift to anyone.

And don't come in saying "my camera has a better AF system than yours" and then not expect someone to point out it has a slower frame rate. Don't want relevant contributions from other? DOn't post. It's a public forum. People offer different ways of thinking about things. If you can't handle that, you don't belong here.

No one needs a lecture from a shelf styled "expert".

There are a number on here, myself included, who have formal training in photography, who teach of have taught photography, who make a point of keeping up with the real world, have used at least five different film and 3 to 4 digital formats, and who almost certainly have a handle on where a D750 fits into the overall picture, and don't appreciate even being called an APS_c guy. How insulting is that? Most of us buy on features, not format. And right now we are working with APS-c. Not because our knowledge is inferior to yours, but because we choose to, for perfectly good reasons. Wrap your head around that, then make a post that makes sense. The fact that it suits you like it doesn't even mean it's the best solution for you. It just means it's the choice you made an you're happy with it. Stick with that and you'll be fine.

God , I am so tired of folks who think because they bought some camera, they are now God's gift to the world of photography.

Last edited by normhead; 11-03-2015 at 11:58 AM.
11-03-2015, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #83

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You guys, with all due respect are way off base.

If you don't like people talking about the advantages of APS-c, don't come on an APS-c forum. There are reasons to use a D750. There are reasons not to, enough said.

I have lots of Nikon buddies, who actually put their cameras in my hands. I don't need bunch of know it alls coming on and telling me about the Nikon world. What is annoying is you think you know stuff other people don't because you bought a Full Frame camera, be it D750 or whatever. Come on here as equals, frame your message so it isn't APS_c against FF. I know you don't believe it's possible to say what you like about one system without putting down another, but my buddies do it all the time. I have ask, what is the matter with you? There's nothing worse than an FF expert wannabe proclaiming how great their camera is and spreading a bunch of half truths.

You come win and talk pile of half truths, then get upset when people who know more than you correct you.. No one gives a crap what camera you have. AN having a specific camera doesn't make you God's gift to anyone.

And don't come in saying "my camera has a better AF system than yours" and then not expect someone to point out it has a slower frame rate. Don't want relevant contributions from other? DOn't post. It's a public forum. People offer different ways of thinking about things. If you can't handle that, you don't belong here.

No one needs a lecture from a shelf styled "expert".

There are a number on here, myself included, who have formal training in photography, who teach of have taught photography, who make a point of keeping up with the real world, have used at least five different film and 3 to 4 digital formats, and who almost certainly have a handle on where a D750 fits into the overall picture, and don't appreciate even being called an APS_c guy. How insulting is that? Most of us buy on features, not format. And right now we are working with APS-c. Not because our knowledge is inferior to yours, but because we choose to, for perfectly good reasons. Wrap your head around that, then make a post that makes sense. The fact that it suits you like it doesn't even mean it's the best solution for you. It just means it's the choice you made an you're happy with it. Stick with that and you'll be fine.

God , I am so tired of folks who think because they bought some camera, they are now God's gift to the world of photography.

I think while righting this up you should have look in the mirror as most of what is written above applies to the way you conduct yourself here.

You may want to look at the location of this thread Non pentax cameras, Nikon with sub thread D750 before writing this little rant.
11-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #84
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Captain Ron Quote
I think while righting this up you should have look in the mirror as most of what is written above applies to the way you conduct yourself here. You may want to look at the location of this thread Non pentax cameras, Nikon with sub thread D750 before writing this little rant.
Speaking of how one should conduct oneself here; you, as a new member with a whopping 3 posts, may want to look at whether you should continue telling others what and where they should or shouldn't post. You might want to evaluate your tone as well.
11-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Speaking of how one should conduct oneself here; you, as a new member with a whopping 3 posts, may want to look at whether you should continue telling others what and where they should or shouldn't post. You might want to evaluate your tone as well.

Exactly. Score - normhead 16502, Captain Ronnie 3.
11-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think anyone is threatened, at least I hope not.

I'm not sure how much better your D750 is than a D7200 would have been. Based on DXO Mark graphs, the D750 has about a stop less noise, otherwise, the D7200 actually does better with regard to dynamic range both in low and high iso situations and has better frame rate as well. It's a Nikon camera, but still looks a nice performer comparatively speaking (and cheaper by 800 dollars in the US). But I'm glad you are happy with what you have.
11-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #87
Pentaxian

Ya, sometimes I just respond to the nonsense other people than the OP have posted, but this particular OP seems to be of the
gushing about his new gear which is better than he believes is better than every Pentax users new gear, so he might need knocking down a peg or two as well. After all, what kind of person comes on a Pentax forum and insults everyone else's gear? Oops, someone who fits right in with your style Ian. Two peas in a pod.

My $450 dollar A-400...

It just keeps rolling along. But, I know you need better.

Do you actually think I respect you because you spend 5 times the money I do and then post images I wouldn't even post?

I really have no need to follow you reciting the price of every lens from every catalogue, while you talk up many lenses I've already tried and rejected. What? You are throwing poop at a wall to see what sticks?

Are you still trying to spin out of the fact that there are some images that are taken with a K-3 that are better than those taken even with a D810? Which was my main point. The rest is just useful fluff.

It was to throw rocks in your wet paper bag argument that it would take 5000 bucks to get them to your images . You base the whole cost of your used APS-C lens is cheaper than a FF equivalent lens by greasing the figures to make it look cheaper when compared to new FF lens I find that kind of fraudulent. If needed to go to 600mm he could do so as little as $800. But then it does not have the dramatic flair of say $5000 and not making cropped lens sound to cost effective.
Some people want more options for IQ can and will buy more expensive equipment as simple as that, somehow you think that everyone should only spend X amount of dollars and if they spend more they are fools for doing so. If all I was interested in capturing what is was out by the sizes you have shown here I might think it’s better to go for a PS camera.

Used you can pick this one up for under 100 bucks with a telephoto attachment that can fit in my pocket and gets me to at least 800mm FF so why did you waste all that money on the K3 and $400 dollar lens when I can get it done for $100 bucks.

Or a DS with a cheap $150 lens

Or ds with $400 lens it certainly up to the challenge of taking your images.

Or the K10d that I could not sell but gave away with a $400 lens

Norm for the life of me I cannot believe you wasted all that money on the K3. do you think it will make you a better photographer ?

From what I gather from what the OP is going to use the D750 for is more than likely not focal length limited the only time that cropped has an advantage is with slower lenses.

Thankfully we are all not bound by other person’s needs.
11-04-2015, 02:50 AM - 2 Likes   #88

You should be really tired of yourself then...
11-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
It was to throw rocks in your wet paper bag argument that it would take 5000 bucks to get them to your images . You base the whole cost of your used APS-C lens is cheaper than a FF equivalent lens by greasing the figures to make it look cheaper when compared to new FF lens I find that kind of fraudulent.
Nothing fraudulent at all. The number might be off for some comparisons, D750 + 400 mm lens, 2400 + I don't know and don't care. K-3 plus A-400 $1350. Less than the cost of the camera alone. Whatever you pay for the 600mm lens to be equivalent, add that to the cost. Not $5000 no problem pick your own number. The result is the same.

QuoteQuote:
If needed to go to 600mm he could do so as little as $800. But then it does not have the dramatic flair of say $5000 and not making cropped lens sound to cost effective.
I tend to ignore what he "could do". I talk about what I did do. if you want to start discussing what people could do, well, go ahead, waste your time, that will do on forever.

QuoteQuote:
Some people want more options for IQ can and will buy more expensive equipment as simple as that, somehow you think that everyone should only spend X amount of dollars and if they spend more they are fools for doing so. If all I was interested in capturing what is was out by the sizes you have shown here I might think it’s better to go for a PS camera.
I didn't say anyone was a fool for anything. But when you come hear and start telling people that can't do what they do as good as they can, you better come up with some pretty good reasons for doing so.

Listen there's a better place to post your photos. Like over in the 300mm lens club. I know we're all supposed to gush over your work, and it's good, but no better than what's posted every day over there. And we aren't selecting from a life times work. We're putting up what we put out every day. As former Pentax shooter, you'd be quite welcome to contribute. Of course you'd just be one of the guys, not the photo god you seem to think you are.

QuoteQuote:
Used you can pick this one up for under 100 bucks with a telephoto attachment that can fit in my pocket and gets me to at least 800mm FF so why did you waste all that money on the K3 and $400 dollar lens when I can get it done for $100 bucks.

Or a DS with a cheap $150 lens

Or ds with $400 lens it certainly up to the challenge of taking your images.

Or the K10d that I could not sell but gave away with a $400 lens

Norm for the life of me I cannot believe you wasted all that money on the K3. do you think it will make you a better photographer ?

From what I gather from what the OP is going to use the D750 for is more than likely not focal length limited the only time that cropped has an advantage is with slower lenses.

Thankfully we are all not bound by other person’s needs.
As you well know and understand, i was talking about roughly equivalent IQ. I have a buddy who has a Canon 60x 800mm equivalent zoom lens on it. I read what you say, but I know the difference. My friend and I have shot many times side by side so I have a thorough working knowledge of PS operation. If he fills the frame and mine are quarter frame or less his images are better at long range. But, if we both fill the frame, my images are better. So, what you're saying is garbage. A PS isn't the same as a K-3 no matter what little doo hickey you screw on the front.

If I fill the frame at 24 MP 400-APS-c and you fill the frame at 24 MP 600-FF, we will essentially have the same image. So your logic doesn't make any sense.

I know I don't have to explain this kind of stuff to you. You seem to know your way around a camera. I'm guessing you just hate to give up on an argument.
11-04-2015, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #90
osv
Veteran Member

Nothing fraudulent at all. The number might be off for some comparisons, D750 + 400 mm lens, 2400 + I don't know and don't care. K-3 plus A-400 $1350. Less than the cost of the camera alone.
a-400 is the old manual focus 400/5.6 prime? i paid $775 for my brand new tamron 150-600 zoom, and i could have gotten it in a nikon mount for the same price.

it's apples vs. oranges, you lost with that comparison, in just about every possible way.

Whatever you pay for the 600mm lens to be equivalent, add that to the cost. Not $5000 no problem pick your own number. The result is the same.
agreed, the result in your mind will always be that whatever old lens you have is somehow comparable to a modern af lens...

I tend to ignore what he "could do". I talk about what I did do.
yes, we saw what you did do, with your horribly soft dog photos, in the k3 vs. d750 af comparison section of this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/270...n-d750-32.html

I have a buddy who has a Canon 60x 800mm equivalent zoom lens on it.
canon? this is a d750 thread, and you have a k3.

try to stay on-topic.

If I fill the frame at 24 MP 400-APS-c and you fill the frame at 24 MP 600-FF, we will essentially have the same image.
that sounds like what you tried to claim with those terrible dog pics.

and you got spanked soundly by the a7ii af pics and the d750 af pics, on the very next page of that thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/270...n-d750-33.html
Closed Thread