Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2015, 04:05 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The arguments of my camera can do just the same as your camera has existed since I joined Pentax forums with the K10D e.g. MY K10D can do what the K20D can do, K20D can do same as K7, K7 can do same as K5, K5 can do same as K5ii, K5 can do thew same as K3 and so and so on.

Many on this forum shouted off about FF and using other camera brands - yet most of these protagonists upgraded or switched to CANIKON FF- historical data is a bitch and will catch you out.

@ Rupert - don't you shoot predominately with a Fuji X30 or something and was you who started the Toy Camera photo thread

@ Normhead - I'm a amateur photographer with zero schooling yet I think my D7000 photos are easily equal to your photos by the mere fact I'm not schooled in the art of photography and you are

My few photos from D7000 represent .1% of what I could post after using a D7000 for over 6 years

If yourself and Rupert want a pvt conversation on this thread I created please use whatsap or some other communication tool

My initial shots I took were a revelation to me that I could shoot at ISO 10000 without having to do noise clean up - the shots are basically ooc - only basic sharpening was done - this is a huge time saver when shooting for a climbing comp in mixed mercury vapour lighting

One needs very fast accurate af - if it hunts you have lost the shot.

The shot I did of the perfume bottle is using a DX lens and in DX crop mode - I gave a shortcut for all the file sizes on Flickr - if you don't think thats good at ISO10000 and considering I'm getting that in x1.5 crop mode then I don't know - I haven't seen anyone produce similar here without any noise removal

50% crop 24-120 @ 120 ISO100 F4 - of course a noob shot to some here

Lastly the shots Ian displayed slay anything you guys have produced here so far - so you don't promote your K3 very well

11-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #137
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Lastly the shots Ian displayed slay anything you guys have produced here so far -
Sorry, Dylan, you really have lost me, if this is what your rant has now reduced your judgement between pictures to.

I had sympathy for you when your shots were called mundane. Not any more.

Last edited by clackers; 11-11-2015 at 04:24 AM.
11-11-2015, 04:30 AM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
when shooting for a climbing comp in mixed mercury vapour lighting

Climbers don't usually move in unexpected directions - even on climbing walls.

BTW it is possible to take really good photos of Great Gable
11-11-2015, 04:57 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
False argument.

You do that regardless of having a 750D or a K-3, Mecrox.

When switching from FF to APS-C bodies I don't suddenly become heavy-footed through the bushes. :-D
The challenge as I understand it is to get close to the subject without either relying on a monster-long lens or using heavy cropping. If someone wants to do that with an FF camera, then that's their choice and it's perfectly valid and (I hope) rewarding. The notion of "Which camera?" being better or worse has nothing to do with it. Someone could try the same with a compact camera if they wanted to - and assuming that the subject didn't consider them dinner. It's about getting away from the gear and concentrating on the rewards and pleasure of the experience. No one ever asks what camera the final image was taken on and nor should they care. It doesn't matter.

Last edited by mecrox; 11-11-2015 at 06:10 AM.
11-11-2015, 05:14 AM   #140

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Sorry, Dylan, you really have lost me, if this is what your rant has now reduced your judgement between pictures to.
What rant? And who resorted to bashing of other people's photos first?

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
Climbers don't usually move in unexpected directions - even on climbing walls.
I beg to differ...when moving from one handle to another climbers can move very quickly....sometimes they even jump. If you want to get that shot, you need to a) pay attention b) have the right settings on camera c) have the camera be able to capture that moment

Anyhow...since it's a D750 thread, I'll post a pic as well...instead of just talking

11-11-2015, 06:28 AM   #141
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
... God knows I've started enough threads that were taken way off topic, I'm not sure why anyone else shouldn't expect the same.
I believe it's called netiquette. That being said, I also believe it's time for me to unsubscribe from this thread...
11-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #142
Pentaxian

The arguments of my camera can do just the same as your camera has existed since I joined Pentax forums with the K10D e.g. MY K10D can do what the K20D can do, K20D can do same as K7, K7 can do same as K5, K5 can do same as K5ii, K5 can do thew same as K3 and so and so on.

Many on this forum shouted off about FF and using other camera brands - yet most of these protagonists upgraded or switched to CANIKON FF- historical data is a bitch and will catch you out.

@ Rupert - don't you shoot predominately with a Fuji X30 or something and was you who started the Toy Camera photo thread

@ Normhead - I'm a amateur photographer with zero schooling yet I think my D7000 photos are easily equal to your photos by the mere fact I'm not schooled in the art of photography and you are

My few photos from D7000 represent .1% of what I could post after using a D7000 for over 6 years

If yourself and Rupert want a pvt conversation on this thread I created please use whatsap or some other communication tool

My initial shots I took were a revelation to me that I could shoot at ISO 10000 without having to do noise clean up - the shots are basically ooc - only basic sharpening was done - this is a huge time saver when shooting for a climbing comp in mixed mercury vapour lighting

The shot I did of the perfume bottle is using a DX lens and in DX crop mode - I gave a shortcut for all the file sizes on Flickr - if you don't think thats good at ISO10000 and considering I'm getting that in x1.5 crop mode then I don't know - I haven't seen anyone produce similar here without any noise removal

50% crop 24-120 @ 120 ISO100 F4 - of course a noob shot to some here

Lastly the shots Ian displayed slay anything you guys have produced here so far - so you don't promote your K3 very well
In your opinion.

---------- Post added 11-11-15 at 08:47 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
I believe it's called netiquette. That being said, I also believe it's time for me to unsubscribe from this thread...
Good plan, there's nothing here but a couple of ignorant D750 salesmen posting pictures that by forum standards are barely up to snuff, complimenting each other's work.

Last edited by normhead; 11-11-2015 at 06:47 AM.
11-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #143
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Member since 2008....17 likes....Looks like you have mastered "How to win friends and influence people"!

Regards!
Closed Thread