Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2015, 05:08 AM   #91
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
That seems to be the proper place for it. Ricoh is more likely to care about what is written on a Pentax oriented site than on a Sony, Nikon or Canon site. I think you are too ego-involved in this stuff.

I'm too ego involved?
You're the one that started the thread so you could bash Pentax (purely for their own good, of course) by singing the same "Sony Rules the World" song over, and over, and over, and....... <sound of record skipping>

10-31-2015, 06:32 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
That seems to be the proper place for it. Ricoh is more likely to care about what is written on a Pentax oriented site than on a Sony, Nikon or Canon site. I think you are too ego-involved in this stuff.
Maybe.

I have a feeling that Ricoh is marching to their own drum beat and while they may adjust some of the features within their cameras based on what they see on the inter-webs, I very much doubt that they will shift their focus, for instance, from SLR technology to mirrorless based on the Sony folks on this forum who feel that that is the only way to go. Same with video.

Ricoh is currently making money on their products and while they have a lot smaller presence in the marketplace, they probably fine with that as long as they are generating revenue.
10-31-2015, 10:47 PM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote

I'm too ego involved?
You're the one that started the thread so you could bash Pentax (purely for their own good, of course) by singing the same "Sony Rules the World" song over, and over, and over, and....... <sound of record skipping>

Yes. You and a few other commenters make me remember high school pep rallies before the big game: our noble warriors versus the evil-doers from cross town. Our personal worth is not dependent on football games or camera brands.

I own six Pentax cameras, but no Sony's. I have been waiting a long time for a digital body that my k-mount lenses fit. Sony has more than one generation of several models. Pentax has none yet. Thus the spanking. You can disagree with me. We can discuss. You would sound more like an adult, though, if you cut the crap about outsiders invading your clubhouse.
10-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #94
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Going back through the thread... I still don't have an answer, it turns out Sony have their own site, so what are the Sony shills doing here?

Are they like vegans "the first rule of Vegan club is tell everyone about Vegan club."?

They confuse consumerism with Christianity and think god has told them to go forth and spread the word?

Is there a quota for Sony users? Like Jehovah's Witnesses? The 100,000 thousand with the most converts get into heaven?

The Sony forum is way too boring? Is that it?

I have asked the question before and the answer seems to be, "This is the non-Pentax part of the forum and we are allowed to spew whatever non-sense we want?" But that doesn't answer the question.

Why do you want to... that you want to is obvious, but why do you want to sell Sony cool aid on a Pentax forum to a bunch of people who for whatever reason, have decided it's not for them.

The other thing is there is apparently a Sony forum... they tell me it's true but why don't I know. I know there is DPReveiew because people quote threads over there. and occasionally I go there, just to see individual posts. There's not a single quote to the Sony website that I've ever followed.

Do you guys really think you are the saviours of the ignorant Pentaxians who just have't seen the light? Like you honestly believe you have some inside line to the Sony marketing site, that we are desperately searching for info in the latest un-released Sony and just are'nt smart enough to know where to look for it? It is there some other justification for this behaviour?

Who comes on anyone's site and proclaims their gear is obsolete because of some other companies marketing hype? That's just beyond rude.

11-01-2015, 01:58 AM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am having such fun with my gear and discovering more delight every day that I really don't see how that can mean Pentax is falling behind.

I considered shifting to Canikon or Sony but they just aren't as nice in the hand. I love my FA Limiteds and K3 and am really looking forward to the FF release even though I may not go there.

I like walking into opshops because there might be a case of really old Pentax stuff there that I could use

...and I really like this forum, 'cos here I'm (sort of) normal!!!
11-01-2015, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #96
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, so you have been waiting a long time for a digital body that your K mount lenses fit, have you? And yet you have how many Pentax cameras already? You contradict yourself.

Perhaps if you weren't living in a full-frame ivory tower, you might have spent the last ten or so years actually having FUN taking pictures on Pentax APS-C digital cameras instead of being bitter about the lack of a full-frame camera in your system.
Closed Thread