Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Olympus SP 100EE

Well, I have no brand loyalty! So when something interests me I buy it....

I had a problem of losing the subject when zoomed right out on my Qs, so when I learnt of this model YEAH !

This bridge cam is unique, in that EE stands for eagle eye, a red dot wide angle viewfinderish site.

optical zoom equates to 1200mm....then digis up to 4800mm....surprisingly at the digi long end its not bad

its got a normal viewfinder, and the latest Olympus processor that's in their top end models

10-19-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is the point of digital zoom vs. simply cropping? I have never gotten the sense that it ever makes sense unless for the purpose of using the camera as a spotting scope/telescope while in the field.

Sounds interesting - I have no experience with that camera.
10-19-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
well the digital zoom crops the image in the camera while you are looking at the subject....in a few other 2/3sensor cams I have the image quality goes right down as you go to the long end of the digi zoom, but this Olympus is ok.....24 at the wide angle...its a very plasticky piece but its exciting the job its doing.For anyone who wants cheep telephoto its one to consider.I tested the Nikon that zooms to about 2000 optically and this Olympus matches it.My used one was delivered for around US $175, so I'm more than happy.