Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
1. Clackers - your misleading statement was that there wasn't anything longer than 200mm for the A7XX cameras.
No ... is that what this is all about?

My statement: "There isn't even an FE lens larger than 200mm."

*Not* adapted.

Hey Clackers, have some great holidays - and i mean that sincerely.
And you too, Phil - lots of good people on this forum, and you're definitely one of them.

Last edited by clackers; 12-19-2015 at 01:42 PM.
12-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
is poor clackers trying to troll sony again? such a fail, i always laugh when people quote his posts... just put him on ignore, anyone who shoots with that old sigma stuff hasn't got a clue how good these new 150-600 lenses are... it's a whole 'nother league.

the pdaf in my laea4 adapter and the ultrasonic drive on the tamron work well with fast cars; the lens has a 6-year warranty, it's moisture-resistant, and it goes on sale for $700-779 regularly... since you have an a7rii, you can of course also use the canon ef-mount version of this lens.

and yes, it gets sharp
Your desert racing pictures are phenomenal. I've seen them elsewhere as well. Congratulations!!!

The Sony IBIS is so good, i rarely use tripods anymore - only twice in the 3 months i've had the camera. My brother and i did a walking tour of the Seattle waterfront this last Tuesday, taking mostly twilight pictures. Got several keepers that i wouldn't have been able to get as well with my APS cameras. I'm still smiling about that shoot. And it isn't just that one trip, i've repeated twilight shots i've previously taken with my aps cameras, and the results are always the same, better IQ with the FF. Course when the Pentax FF comes out, it will not only have FF image quality but will be really WR. Alas, there are no perfect cameras. Don't get me started on Sony menus

Last edited by philbaum; 12-19-2015 at 02:34 PM.
12-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #48
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your desert racing pictures are phenomenal. I've seen them elsewhere as well. Congratulations!!!
thanks, i'm still tweaking the af, this tamron lens is the first time that i've used af on the a7r since i bought the camera two years ago... i wasn't doing any burst shooting, just one shot at a time, i got so many keepers that i finally quit photoshopping 'em all, i just got bored with it.

as i mentioned earlier, there was fine sand dust hanging in the air the entire time, with the wind blowing in our faces, it left a layer of what looked like flour on everything, including the a7r, but the camera never missed a beat... this pic was taken at 400mm f/6.3 iso320, 1/1250, it's a panning shot off of a monopod, ~35 minutes before sunset, i pushed it a couple of stops in post, the af was so perfect that i can read all of the small text on the stickers.

ibis would be helpful here because it would steady the image in the evf, i can see why people like it.

Last edited by osv; 12-19-2015 at 04:03 PM.
12-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #49

About IQ, nowadays, sensors reached a very high level. An m43 sensor is up to a FF sensor from 10 years ago. It was enough 10 years ago to make amazing pictures
About SAF/CAF/burst more and mirrorless, there is a problem : as far as i know, all mirrorless gives blackout in burst mode.
Solution : i bought a red dot aim, and use slow C-AF/fast S-AF bursts anyway

12-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gLOW-x Quote
About IQ, nowadays, sensors reached a very high level. An m43 sensor is up to a FF sensor from 10 years ago. It was enough 10 years ago to make amazing pictures
About SAF/CAF/burst more and mirrorless, there is a problem : as far as i know, all mirrorless gives blackout in burst mode.
Solution : i bought a red dot aim, and use slow C-AF/fast S-AF bursts anyway
my Sony A6000 does not blackout even at 11fps

---------- Post added 12-21-15 at 01:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
"There isn't even an FE lens larger than 200mm."
They have a 240mm zoom
12-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
my Sony A6000 does not blackout even at 11fps

---------- Post added 12-21-15 at 01:04 PM ----------

They have a 240mm zoom
my older nex 6: just did 12 frames at 10 fps. absolutely no blackout. course the camera drops down from RAW to jpg to do this burst.
12-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #52
Pentaxian

my older nex 6: just did 12 frames at 10 fps. absolutely no blackout. course the camera drops down from RAW to jpg to do this burst.
That is a great camera too