Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2015, 11:16 PM - 2 Likes   #1

Just hit the jackpot!

So recently my grandfather has noticed my interest in digital photography and, as he was an avid film photographer, we've been talking about cameras and photography a lot lately. Today, we were over at the grandparents' house for Christmas, my grandfather pulled me aside and said he wanted to show me something. He pulled out an argus a-4, a Minolta maxxum with a 50mm f/1.7 lens, and get this, a Leica IIIf with a collapseable summittar 5cm f/2 lens. He said he wants me to keep them all! I am really looking forward to getting some film and using the rangefinder although it does probably need a CLA (is there anyone here that will do so at a reasonable cost?). The Minolta is a nice get too as it was one of the first cameras with a built in autofocus system and will also be fun to shoot with. The argus is not really anything special but even so, I will still probably run a few rolls through it. Overall, I'm extremely excited about getting these free cameras and being able to use each!

12-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations! He will bee thrilled that you cherish them.
12-27-2015, 04:52 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by connor.nolan Quote
....using the rangefinder although it does probably need a CLA (is there anyone here that will do so at a reasonable cost?)....
That is a very nice set of cameras. For a CLA you might drop Eric an email to see if he would be able to work on them.
12-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Try Youxin Ye for the IIIf service. He has done CLA and curtain replacements on several old Leicas for me, and is some less expensive that the other Leica techs I use, and generally faster as well. YYeCAMERA

12-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Lucky you...you know its still the Christmas season.