Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #106
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
The theoretical ideal (for macro) would be a lens/camera combo that adapts to light conditions and when there's reasonable light stops down a bit even prior to the shot, and then stops down fully once you hit the shutter. Alas, that doesn't exist, AFAIK...
not really the same thing, but for the record, the latest fe-mount lenses will open up all the way to af, then stop down to the shooting aperture to take the shot.

a7 series cameras all have a mode(setting effect: "OFF") wherein you can set the evf to not reflect the exposure that the shot will be taken at, so the evf behaves like an ovf... it's used for focusing in darker studio shooting situations, because most studio lighting systems can't communicate with a7 camera bodies... i haven't tried it yet.

the last macro i shot on the a7r was an effective ~f/21 or so, iso320 at 1/1200th(?), and despite that i had plenty of light in the evf to work with... mid-morning sun, with a hss flash.

part of it could be that ff is picking up more light... in really dark shooting situations i've run into the gained-up slow refresh evf problem, but i didn't try to change the setting effect setting.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
8-16mm, af, angle, camera, couple, deals, equivalent, f/2.8, fa, ff, folks, fuji, fuji aps-c lenses, k-3ii, k-mount, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax lens, pm, primes, quality, sigma, slr lens, system, vs