Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #46
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
I do find your post extremely amusing considering yourself and Norm have flamed every thread of those photographers who moved to a full frame setup
Hey, we have to keep in practice and protect our reputations. Rabid FF guys are easy prey, you can't expect we would pass up the opportunity!

Rupert, you now use the weakest of excuses to move to full frame - I mean why not purchase another K3?
Weak, maybe...but with my K5IIs barely operable I had to make a decision. To be sure, without the crop factor on the K1 I would not have ordered it.
Indeed I do not need a FF camera, but it won't hurt to have one. I can use the crop or not...best of both worlds!

There is one word that describes this and I'm sure even in your old age you are intelligent enough to know what it is - hypocrisy
Yep, I'm old.....and maybe senile....who knows for sure.....if I am, how would I know? I do know this...I am a surviving battle tested veteran of the P&R Wars and being called a hypocrite barely even registers in comparison to the things we were called there.

As for FF needs.....I continue to believe that very few (myself included) will benefit from a FF camera over an excellent K3 or K5IIs. They are both wonderful cameras and if you can't "get it" with either one of those a FF will not make much difference to 90% of those on this Forum. However, it is not going to hurt anyone to own one.

I am fortunate, I have a few dollars here and there, so at my age this is more a rule than a suggestion......
Name:  It's Short!.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  288.5 KB

Some things don't have to make sense to be sensible. The shorter the time you have the better you understand this.

Best Regards!