Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I don't know that they are even marketing it yet. The article on Petapixel says you will be able to change the mount in the adapter to support mounts other than Leica M...
I believe you can use this adapter then a M mount to K adapter?

03-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I'm sure ou could, just as GXR owners used the M mount module to mount K-mount lenses.

But the article says it will have a replaceable mount so you don't have to.
03-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
Seems very interesting. What adapter is this?
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see the k mount version on their website. Can you link to it?
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
yes, in the others videos they use a second adaptar
03-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Th question still remains, why would you want mess with any adapter, if you don't have to. Especially with a Pentax. My F 1.7 AF TC, is most used for the 1.7x part, not the AF part. Especially since every Pentax system will use a 43 without an adapter? What am I getting I don't already have?

03-04-2016, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I find it hard to believe anyone would pay for a Sony because they wanted to use a 43 ltd. when the can order a K-1 today.

I believe only one lens does not justify it , but to have one camera for any lens mount sounds great.
03-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No K mount version of the adapter available = not Pentax related.
moving
to the non-Pentax forum.
03-04-2016, 09:18 AM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Th question still remains, why would you want mess with any adapter, if you don't have to. Especially with a Pentax. My F 1.7 AF TC, is most used for the 1.7x part, not the AF part. Especially since every Pentax system will use a 43 without an adapter? What am I getting I don't already have?
hi, i'm a new guy, though ive been a browser for the last several weeks. i became interested in pentax because i will be doing a lot of traveling over the next couple years, and the cameras i had settled on (epson rd1 and leics rf glass) will just not be rugged enough. so after about ten years with a variety of compact mirrorless systems, i'm back to dslr, finding the most compact weatherproof gear being the KS2 and da 20-40 ltd.

and there i think is why one would opt for a sony FF over a pentax to shoot pentax glass: size. what ive discovered is that pentax has some of the highest quality glass in sizes 1/3-1/2 those of other slr's. but my pentax camera (which i like very much) is both the smallest pentax makes and huge when compared to the sony a7 line. if you add that my pentax is apsc and the a7's are FF, wow! on the other hand, native sony lenses are both huge and not technically up to snuff. while using rf lenses on the sony could be the best of both worlds, rf glass often does not play nicely with the sony a7 line.

so if one wants the most compact FF rig coupled with high quality glass, the a7 line plus pentax ltd glass is almost a no brainer.

03-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No K mount version of the adapter available = not Pentax related.
:moving:
to the non-Pentax forum.
i believe if you visit the Techart website you will find numerous adapters, including PK mount, that mount to M mount, thus making use with the OP adapter possible.
03-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
i believe if you visit the Techart website you will find numerous adapters, including PK mount, that mount to M mount, thus making use with the OP adapter possible.
Perhaps, but the the video is about a leica mount lens on a Sony camera.
03-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #25
Forum Member

yes, but mounting a pentax lens on a PK>M mount adapter allows one to use pentax lenses on this adapter, achieving autofocus with pentax glass on the a7 line, per OP.
03-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
It's the Leica mount version!
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
That's the LTM (Leica Thread Mount) version of the 43 LTD.
Yes! At the time, it was a threat to world order and the geological stability of much of Germany (parts of Canada too)!

https://www.flickr.com/groups/l-special/

I tried to find a contemporary announcement, but failed. The closest I could find was Stephen Gandy's comment at the bottom of this page:

Pentax 43/1.9 Limited (LTM)

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-04-2016 at 10:20 AM.
03-04-2016, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
yes, but mounting a pentax lens on a PK>M mount adapter allows one to use pentax lenses on this adapter, achieving autofocus with pentax glass on the a7 line, per OP.
I believe our glorious mod is suggesting that the original post to the Pentax News and Rumors forum was only peripherally related to Pentax. The news (product announcement) is specific to Sony E owners wanting to adapt M-mount. The note at the bottom regarding the A7 system (great product, BTW) resulted in a fairly automatic move of the thread to the non-Pentax section of the site.

The non-Pentax forum is a pretty lively place and use of adapted lenses to other systems is a frequent topic of discussion. This thread is a welcome addition.

Steve
03-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The non-Pentax forum is a pretty lively place and use of adapted lenses to other systems is a frequent topic of discussion. This thread is a welcome addition.
BTW...exposure here might even result in sale of a few more Techart adapters, though active commercial promotion of a product in the forums is frowned upon.

Steve
03-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #29
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I believe our glorious mod is suggesting that the original post to the Pentax News and Rumors forum was only peripherally related to Pentax. The news (product announcement) is specific to Sony E owners wanting to adapt M-mount. The note at the bottom regarding the A7 system (great product, BTW) resulted in a fairly automatic move of the thread to the non-Pentax section of the site.

Steve
thank you steve. tbh, knowing about the Techart adapter for some time, i myself saw using the FA limiteds on an a7! so i guess i kinda felt, video aside, there is direct application for, at least, pentax lens owners, giving them another posdible FF autofocus venue for their prized lenses.
03-04-2016, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow. Joined today and 3 of your first 4 posts are arguing about the placement of a thread? We rarely encounter members who are that passionate about what forum a thread is placed in.
Please take that light-hearted spirit in which it was intended. Welcome to the forum.