Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sony Wireless Flash Trigger

Sony Announces Wireless TTL+HSS Flash Control System

Ricoh needs to expand into this segment. I'm sure the Sony wont be cheap and it is proprietary, but its good to see.

03-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The Acon R930 for Pentax is cheap and proprietary - doesn't have any bells and whistles.
03-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it's about time sony did this.

we'll see how the pricing pans out, there is already competition for it.
03-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm sure they will be pricey. I use Pocket Wizards and never use TTL metering. I would like to see Sony and/or Ricoh get into studio lighting.

03-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Next step: an actual Sony-brand flash unit with radio triggering built-in (like the Canon 600 EX and recently announced Nikon SB 5000). Eventually all flash units will probably have some sort of radio triggering built-in, I think.

It's surprising how slow camera makers have been moving into radio flash. Ricoh isn't the only laggard.
03-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Next step: an actual Sony-brand flash unit with radio triggering built-in (like the Canon 600 EX and recently announced Nikon SB 5000). Eventually all flash units will probably have some sort of radio triggering built-in, I think.

It's surprising how slow camera makers have been moving into radio flash. Ricoh isn't the only laggard.
When you see the margins that are in studio equipment you would think they would get into the market. Especially with the 645 being a prime studio format. Ricoh seems to have very limited resources. The pixel shift feature is perfect for studio work still life and product photography with continuous lighting.