Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #1

Searching for a viable video dslr like cam with AF that works (best for the money)

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm getting more and more into video and have sort of given up my K30 for accurate and reliable AF for video.

I do believe that I could and should just stick with my K30 and gorgeous lenses on manual AF

Anyway I'm just exploring options because if there's a better way to go then I feel I should give it a go.

I shoot kids, mountain bike events and action and also a local band whom I am friends with.

I did a lot of looking around and came up with two options I feel might be worthy however have my doubts.

My first choice is the Panasonic FZ1000 (afaik 1" sensor, 4k!!, 24(?)-400, lightening fast AF, no weather sealing, no known overheating issues)

Second choice is the Sony DSC-RX10 (1" sensor, HD, 28-200mm, great pics and vid, AF is relatively good, relative weather sealing, no known overheating issues)

Bridge cameras... I know... I'm a little disgusted too...

Shame on me... I know...

I'm scouring other forums and even going to ask on amazon but

Advice and guidance appreciated!
John

PS found this here:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ1000-Point-Camera/dp/B00KOUIBZW/...nic+fz1000#Ask

"Question: Is anybody using this for outdoor sports photography? I am mostly concerned about AF speed and accuracy. How does it compare to a DSRL?
Answer: I have used it for rodeo event and had very few missed focus only due to poor lighting at dusk
I also used it for birding and the AF is as fast as any DSLR except for the Pro versions
Fastest AF amongst the bridge and mirrorless cams out there
By QVQ on August 26, 2014"

03-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Pondered this before and can't get past dedicated camcorders like the Sony AX100 4k or whatever it's called. Seems the best option.
03-27-2016, 05:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Why not Sony A6300 with 4k video? It is likely more expensive than than your Panasonic FZ1000 but it is a system with interchangeable lenses on aps-c sensor size. You can go with 16-50 and 55-200 and add a cheaper mirror-lens tele if the need arises.

Hin