Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wanting crash cam advice

I have been playing around with a cheap car crash cam that I picked up from a garage sale.
It works pretty good but yet has a few minor issues. (One of them is randomly going a little out of focus), so I'm looking at buying a brand new top quality crash cam.

Also, I like the idea of front and rear cams but don't want to be running too much cabling.
One with lots of features might be handy.
Prefer small in size but I'll settle for larger if its the good stuff.

I have searched the internet, ebay etc. but it's a mine field of crash cams all claiming to be the best.
What's the best cam available ?
If you have a really great crash cam, please tell me about it. Brand, Model, Price and where you bought it.
Thanks

Last edited by chromo; 04-03-2016 at 05:51 PM.
04-06-2016, 02:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So do any of the major camera brands make dash cams ?
04-06-2016, 04:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
So do any of the major camera brands make dash cams ?
Panasonic make one:
Panasonic Driving Recorder CY-VRP112T | Digital Camera Warehouse
04-06-2016, 04:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
I have been playing around with a cheap car crash cam that I picked up from a garage sale.
It works pretty good but yet has a few minor issues. (One of them is randomly going a little out of focus), so I'm looking at buying a brand new top quality crash cam.

Also, I like the idea of front and rear cams but don't want to be running too much cabling.
One with lots of features might be handy.
Prefer small in size but I'll settle for larger if its the good stuff.

I have searched the internet, ebay etc. but it's a mine field of crash cams all claiming to be the best.
What's the best cam available ?
If you have a really great crash cam, please tell me about it. Brand, Model, Price and where you bought it.
Thanks
They are very popular here. Maybe your insurance company or motoring association has some recommends? If you fit a model they approve of then more likely they'll give you a sympathetic hearing if God forbid something happens.

04-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
They are very popular here. Maybe your insurance company or motoring association has some recommends? If you fit a model they approve of then more likely they'll give you a sympathetic hearing if God forbid something happens.
They're very popular all over the world now.
It's a wonder the major camera manufacturers aren't jumping on the band wagon with crash cams.
I'm looking at buying a quality cam but there's so many available and they all claim to be the best. I'm sure I'd feel much happier if it had a major branding on it so I'd know there is backup such as updates etc.