Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2016, 05:48 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
but clearly Nikon is selling a lot more than just a nice sensor with these cameras.
They are following the Canon playbook.

Which is fair enough. The sensor is good enough in most cameras nowadays. It's the extras (lots of good lenses, LOTS of 3rd party accessories, excellent AF, excellent video etc) that will often count far more than just the sensor metrics.

06-17-2016, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
They are following the Canon playbook.

Which is fair enough. The sensor is good enough in most cameras nowadays. It's the extras (lots of good lenses, LOTS of 3rd party accessories, excellent AF, excellent video etc) that will often count far more than just the sensor metrics.
I suppose. I just don't think folks are going to buy a D5 or D500 to shoot landscapes and most of these folks won't care about dynamic range at iso 100 at all.

Sports gear is super-expensive and really does push the envelope in ways that Pentaxians don't particularly need -- mainly because those among us who want this sort of camera have been weeded out over the years by the lack of support.
06-17-2016, 08:07 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I suppose. I just don't think folks are going to buy a D5 or D500 to shoot landscapes and most of these folks won't care about dynamic range at iso 100 at all.

Sports gear is super-expensive and really does push the envelope in ways that Pentaxians don't particularly need -- mainly because those among us who want this sort of camera have been weeded out over the years by the lack of support.
I'm guessing that is mainly where the market is also. I'm guessing that many more Hoosiers take pictures at basketball games than at Brown County.

Notes for for those who don't live in our state:

Almost everyone knows about Hoosiers and Basketball. If you don't, rent the movie "Hoosiers".
{my wife says, "If we were honest, we'd put stain-glass windows on our gyms".

Brown County, especially Brown County State Park, is a picturesque area near Bloomington {scene of the picture above}
06-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm guessing that is mainly where the market is also. I'm guessing that many more Hoosiers take pictures at basketball games than at Brown County.

Notes for for those who don't live in our state:

Almost everyone knows about Hoosiers and Basketball. If you don't, rent the movie "Hoosiers".
{my wife says, "If we were honest, we'd put stain-glass windows on our gyms".

Brown County, especially Brown County State Park, is a picturesque area near Bloomington {scene of the picture above}
I attend St. Branch of the Hardwood.