06-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a giant k-01!

06-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
hss strobe solutions for sony mirrorless, that should provide wysiwyg in the evf
um, do you understand how flash works?
06-22-2016, 06:20 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You can use the electronic shutter, as with Pentax Q, with the same drawback: rolling shutter effect.
I see!

QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
I'm holding out hope for an adapter with a built-in shutter, similar to what Pentax did with their Q to K adapter. Maybe even with interchangeable bayonets.
wow, didn't know Q to K adapter has shutter! just check the adapter.... so cool!
06-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #79
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
um, do you understand how flash works?
better than you do, apparently:
Re: Godox flash eco-system: Sony Alpha Full Frame E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
GODOX 2.4GHz Flash System Overview | FLASH HAVOC

06-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #80
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Sensor dimensions
Question: since the shutter is in the lens... does this means adapting other lenses like Pentax 67 and 645 is not possible, unless there is a adapter with shutter mechanism?
YES. Forget any adaptors for another lenses, except for special adaptor from Hasselblad for Hasselblad's lenses (if they produce it, of course)
06-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
YES. Forget any adaptors for another lenses, except for special adaptor from Hasselblad for Hasselblad's lenses (if they produce it, of course)
hm... someone said it has electronic shutter, so adapting other lenses won't be a problem?
06-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #82
ogl
Banned

hm... someone said it has electronic shutter, so adapting other lenses won't be a problem?
need to check official information

but...do you really think that the man who buy 9000 USD camera + 2500 USD lens thinks about any adaptors for other cheaper lenses?
i doubt...

06-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
better than you do, apparently
No you don't, I work with the Godox AD180/360 flash system myself - apparently you missed my review on these flash units I posed on these very forums months ago. I have worked with studio flash for over 15 years, and there isn't a trick I haven't seen: WYSIWYG is only applicable to continuous lights, With flash heads equipped with modelling lights there will be elements in the image that will only be visible with flash, as there colour shifts caused by the inherently different spectra produced from the flash bulb Vs modeling light and the vast difference in peak illumination, means that the term WYSIWYG regarding flash photography is tenuous at best.

Modeling lights only give you a close approximation of how the final image will look.

---------- Post added 2016-06-23 at 02:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
.do you really think that the man who buy 9000 USD camera + 2500 USD lens thinks about any adaptors for other cheaper lenses?
I know Leica photogaphers who shell out $9000 for a new M Digital camera and use old and cheap Voigltander and Zeiss lenses on them.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-22-2016 at 08:42 PM.
06-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #84
osv
Veteran Member

No you don't, I work with the Godox AD180/360 flash sytem myself - apparently you missed my review on these flash units I posed on these very forums. I have worked with studio flash for over 15 years, and there isn't a trick I haven't seen: WYSIWYG is only applicable to continuous lights,
oh? have you seen one godox strobe work with full ttl/hss on canikon, sony, and eventually even fuji bodies? because that's what i posted, and i don't see neither hassleblad nor pentax capability anywhere in there.

my a7r attempts to show the effect of the f60m flash in wysiwyg mode in the evf, before the shot is taken; it's logical if you think about it... if the system is already calculating the amount of flash to add to the exposure, what's to prevent it from displaying what it calculates in the evf? nothing, as long as it's a true wysiwyg display(aka, not pentax, not most nikons, etc).

here is a sort of demonstration of wysiwyg flash preview in the evf, even with an old a6000, but he's using a snoot on the remote flash, which confuses the issue... video starts with a dark picture because the flash is turned off, then you see the scene magically get bright when he powers up the flash:
https://youtu.be/jnR3OLLj-SQ?t=1m45s

you can't touch that with any ovf display... ultimately, i suspect that the main reason that we have to use a continuous lighting system with strobes is because the strobe system is not calculating/communicating properly with the camera body.

Last edited by osv; 06-22-2016 at 10:23 PM.
06-22-2016, 10:50 PM   #85
ogl
Banned

I know Leica photogaphers who shell out $9000 for a new M Digital camera and use old and cheap Voigltander and Zeiss lenses on them.
It's not correct example. I see X1D as compact camera for travel.
It's not studio camera for pro-photographers.
To put other MF lenses with adaptor will kill the idea of X1D.

M Digital is compact too.
Voigtlander was M-mount and no need adaptor.
Zeiss are not cheap lenses.
06-23-2016, 12:32 AM   #86
Banned

Those people need a zoomlens...... 30-90mm/f4-f5.6 basic kittens ☺
06-23-2016, 01:14 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Handmade in Sweden. More like hand assembled.
The guy who engraves the "Handmade in Sweden" is very good, not to mention the guy who etches the sensor.

But I like the format, a digital back but without the camera. With the adapter you should be able to fit almost any style of lens.
06-23-2016, 02:05 AM   #88
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by macronaut Quote
With the adapter you should be able to fit almost any style of lens.
how could it be? this camera is made for lenses with in-lens central shutter. no curtain shutter.
electronic shutter can't change mechanical in-lens shutter.
06-23-2016, 02:15 AM   #89
Pentaxian

So which lenses can you adapt? Other mf glass, not 35mm glass, at least not when you want to use the entire sensor. That will limit your options greatly. BTW you can adapt hasselblad to 645 mount.
06-23-2016, 02:55 AM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sensor dimensions
43.8 32.9mm

dang! same sensor size as Pentax 645Z. so it is a cropped MF. a bit disappointed.

Question: since the shutter is in the lens... does this means adapting other lenses like Pentax 67 and 645 is not possible, unless there is a adapter with shutter mechanism?
Yes. Seems like the title of the thread is wrong. It should be Hasselblad to announce new "crop" frame camera.