Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2016, 03:14 AM   #91
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks very impressive. Given that I have no 645 glass, if I ever step up to MF there is now a viable choice.

06-23-2016, 03:23 AM   #92
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i like the clear modern design ... but i hate EVFs!
06-23-2016, 05:47 AM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Zeiss are not cheap lenses.
Old Zeiss glass can be found at reasonable prices. It isn't impossible to find a vintage Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 in decent condition with a price tag circa $500 - nothing compared to the cost of new Leica lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
my a7r attempts to show the effect of the f60m flash in wysiwyg mode in the evf, before the shot is taken
That is a simulation: not WYSIWYG. All the camera is doing is showing you a representation of what you will get - ROWYWG...which doesn't have the same ring to it.

---------- Post added 2016-06-23 at 11:23 PM ----------

It's not correct example. I see X1D as compact camera for travel.
Leica M cameras are excellent travel cameras. I think they are a reasonable model of usage for the Hasselblad X1D system.

It's not studio camera for pro-photographers.
So you're suggesting the target demographic hasselblad is after are the well-heeled amateurs?

To put other MF lenses with adaptor will kill the idea of X1D.
I think Mamiya 7 lenses would perform rather well on it. As I recall the Sektor 43mm f/4.5 was widely considered to be one of the best MF lenses ever produced. It may even be possible to use Leica S mount lenses on this camera - that would be sure to cause a stir.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-23-2016 at 05:55 AM.
06-23-2016, 06:05 AM   #94
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
So you're suggesting the target demographic hasselblad is after are the well-heeled amateurs?
Well let's say you are David Beckham and want a nice camera for some snapshots, but don't want to log around to much kilograms. ........ This might be the best choice, since you want something different then all others. I think we will see this camera very Quick in airport shops next to the business lounge next to the Leica.

David Beckham

06-23-2016, 06:13 AM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
let's say you are David Beckham and want a nice camera for some snapshots
If I earned as much money as he does kicking a ball around, I wouldn't care much if I made such ill advised photographic choices.

..on the other hand for all we know those lunar cameras could become collectors items.
06-23-2016, 06:26 AM   #96
Banned

If I earned as much money as he does kicking a ball around, I wouldn't care much if I made such ill advised photographic choices.

..on the other hand for all we know those lunar cameras could become collectors items.
Grap it while it's there....

Hasselblad Stellar
06-23-2016, 06:57 AM   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
David Beckham and want a nice camera for some snapshots
His 16 year old son is the one most likely to be in the market for camera gear.
Although he seems to be doing quite well with the Canon gear he has already:

https://fstoppers.com/fashion/16-year-old-brooklyn-beckham-official-photogra...ampaign-112089

Brooklyn Beckham, 16, Is Now a Pro Photographer: Teen Shoots Burberry Fragrance Campaign...Then Gets to Play | E! News

David Beckham defends son Brooklyn after nepotism claims over Burberry campaign | People | News | The Independent

06-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #98
osv
Veteran Member

That is a simulation: not WYSIWYG. All the camera is doing is showing you a representation of what you will get - ROWYWG...which doesn't have the same ring to it..
lol... true, it's limited to showing an approximate degree of exposure, but modeling lights are hardly representative of what the shot is going to look like, do they even have enough power to overcome the outdoors sun?

point was that 1/2000th limitation is not good, as you saw he was experimenting with hss fill at 1/1600th on a cloudy day, how much shutter would he need on a sunny day to darken the background?

you could probably cheat it on this hassy with nd filters, i suppose, but it'll come at the expense of longer recharge times/higher battery drain on the flash, and probably no modeling light capability(?).
06-23-2016, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
point was that 1/2000th limitation is not good, as you saw he was experimenting with hss fill at 1/1600th on a cloudy day,
1/2000th is better than 1/250th. I'd say ISO100 f/5.6 1/1250th should be enough to darken ambient light even at high noon here in Australia , while still providing shallow enough DOF for those unimaginative dullards who fawn over such a look.
06-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #100
Pentaxian

1/2000th is better than 1/250th. I'd say ISO100 f/5.6 1/1250th should be enough to darken ambient light even at high noon here in Australia , while still providing shallow enough DOF for those unimaginative dullards who fawn over such a look.
06-23-2016, 11:09 AM - 2 Likes   #101
Pentaxian

... while still providing shallow enough DOF for those unimaginative dullards who fawn over such a look.
Let me take note of that. Let's see... only imaginative and creative people shoot with lots of DOF and everyone else is a loser. Got it, thanks.
06-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Let me take note of that. Let's see... only imaginative and creative people shoot with lots of DOF and everyone else is a loser. Got it, thanks.
Yes...that is coming from a guy who has 25 years experience working with studio strobes, so you know he knows what he is talking about.
06-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #103
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Yes...that is coming from a guy who has 25 years experience working with studio strobes, so you know he knows what he is talking about.
I have 30 years working with strobes too. And 35 years of developing my own BW film.
06-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #104
Pentaxian

I don't think Digitalis was aiming at you Tuco. I think he was referring to those who shoot only for the bokeh, over and above any compositional aims. I don't think many would accuse you of that.
06-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I don't think Digitalis was aiming at you Tuco.
I wasn't taking aim at anyone in particular, "Unimaginative Dullard" isn't a phrase i'd associate with Tuco in any case.

QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I think he was referring to those who shoot only for the bokeh, over and above any compositional aims.
Precisely. And I have seen many photographers do exactly this over the years...ugh.

---------- Post added 2016-06-24 at 11:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
that is coming from a guy who has 25 years experience working with studio strobes
15 years, not 25. I'm nearly 32, I wasn't that into photography when I was 7...I was probably more into my hot wheels toy cars,motorbikes, computer gaming and target shooting with my air rifle at that age. I have to admit I find it a little disconcerting that I have difficulty remembering the things I enjoyed when my years on this earth were measured in the single digits.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-23-2016 at 06:23 PM.