Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Canon Rebel T6s Shutter Count

It appears Canon makes it near impossible to obtain shutter count info on certain models. I just picked up a refurb'd T6s direct from Canon and would like to know what shutter count I'm starting with. Das interwebs are not offering much help. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Z

07-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did EXIF-based shutter count checkers like the one on PF not work for you?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No, unfortunately. It appears this models (and several others like it) don't embed the shutter count in the exif data...
07-28-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HomeMadeSin Quote
It appears this models (and several others like it) don't embed the shutter count in the exif data...
I can confirm. The Powershot SX-50 HS doesn't have shutter count data in the EXIF either.

I bet it is probably recorded in there, but in some encrypted form (or something) that tools like Exiftool can't decode.

07-29-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I guess my frustrating question is why hide it? Why not include it into the exif data? And while I'm at it, why do they tend to make it so difficult to get firmware info? Perhaps I'm just spoiled with Pentax...