Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2016, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I recently found a decent deal on a Sony A7ii w/kit lens and am seriously considering it. I'm really partial to both Pentax and Sony. I currently own a K-3 and a6000 and love both, but the full frame bug keeps trying to bite. I've really been holding off until I find a good/great deal on a K-1 or one of the A7 series cameras (the A7ii seems to pretty close to the K-1) .

My only issue with the K-1 is that I keep reading that the autofocus still lags behind other full frame cameras, but everything else on it looks pretty incredible. The fact that I am already invested in some quality K-Mount full frame lenses is also something I'm considering.

The A7ii looks great except that I don't have any FE lenses, so the 24-70 kit lens would have to do for a while.

Not really sure what to do, so I'm hoping someone can provide me their thoughts. Should I just hold off and wait for a K-1? Or should I get the A7ii and hope the kit lens is good enough until I can get some better glass?
I have both and they are both really good cameras. Your a6000 has better AF than either. Do you really need FF? For casual use the A7II would be my choice. If you are going to be shooting for money the K-1 wins for a few reasons.