Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2016, 05:19 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Rath of Canon

I find I really like reading a lot of what Ming Thein writes about. He had one write up where he was discussing the Canon 5DSR. Buried down in the first set of comments was this gem....
QuoteQuote:
Ming Thein says:
January 23, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Honesty is necessary but apparently very unpopular with the camera companies. I had my CPS membership rejected after publishing this, and got the cold shoulder from Canon Malaysia. Oh well.

Medium format: resolution is there, dynamic range is not, color accuracy is not (but it’s pleasing, at least). For the price, you can’t really complain though…

08-31-2016, 08:01 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I find I really like reading a lot of what Ming Thein writes about.
i dont ming writes boring dpreview style dribble, and he doesn't meet the requirement for CPS membership, which he neglects to mention.
08-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratcheteer Quote
i dont ming writes boring dpreview style dribble, and he doesn't meet the requirement for CPS membership, which he neglects to mention.
What is the requirement he fails on?
08-31-2016, 10:43 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What is the requirement he fails on?
its really stupid the old minimum requirement was you gotta purchase a 1 x 1d series and 1 x 5d series and 3 x L lenses from a canon professional dealer and provide proof of perchase when you sign up and pay $75 a year (which has gone up to $100 a year)

they have recently revised the requirements, the old is known as gold and the new cheaper service is known as silver

to get the cheaper service you would have to purchase 2 x 5d series bodies and 2 x L lenses from a canon professional dealer and provide proof of perchase when you sign up and pay $75 a year

one of the production houses i work at has a CPS gold membership as they own 2 x 1d c bodies and own a complete ef cinema prime kit (14, 24, 35, 50, 85, 135mm)

the service really is fantastic cause they give you an free loan camera or lens well they fix your gear which is normally only a day and a half, they actually repaired a canon g16 point and shoot that was outside of warranty for free (we use these as b roll camera's as they can be used by anyone)