Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2016, 05:40 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it is using the same sensor from the 80D. The sensor has dismal performance noise wise at ISO6400, worse in fact than my D7000 and obviously doesn't even come close to my D750.

This comes form personal experience editing files from a 80D recently.

09-23-2016, 12:59 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Mirrorless is chosen for 2 of the most recent MF

I thought it was interesting that 2 of the 3 most recent MF, Pentax, Hasselbad and Fuji, were mirrorless designs. Fuji is kinda of a given, but even Hasselblad went that way. Perhaps with fewer parts, mirrorless cameras can be brought to market quicker, but i dont' know for sure. MF cameras are hardly considered "consumer" cameras which flys in the face of the attitude that mirrorless belongs to non-professional categories only.
09-23-2016, 02:39 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
I thought it was interesting that 2 of the 3 most recent MF, Pentax, Hasselbad and Fuji, were mirrorless designs. Fuji is kinda of a given, but even Hasselblad went that way. Perhaps with fewer parts, mirrorless cameras can be brought to market quicker, but i dont' know for sure. MF cameras are hardly considered "consumer" cameras which flys in the face of the attitude that mirrorless belongs to non-professional categories only.
Perhaps an attitude invented by folks with an agenda?
09-23-2016, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
I thought it was interesting that 2 of the 3 most recent MF, Pentax, Hasselbad and Fuji, were mirrorless designs.
not really surprising to me, fuji has been making lenses for hasselbad for years and the hasselbad xpan is manfactured by fujifilm, with the increase in tethered shooting the mirror was slowly becoming obsolete to the actual shooters that use these systems as the typical SLR viewfinder would be to hard to see in some situations.

09-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratcheteer Quote
not really surprising to me, fuji has been making lenses for hasselbad for years and the hasselbad xpan is manfactured by fujifilm, with the increase in tethered shooting the mirror was slowly becoming obsolete to the actual shooters that use these systems as the typical SLR viewfinder would be to hard to see in some situations.
That's interesting. As soon as you talk about remote operability via smart phone or the tethering to a computer, then the mirror becomes something one has to work around - taking more effort and cost possibly. The simpler approach is almost always better in the long run.

Of course as Mecrox point out, if you have a warehouse full of mirrored cameras, it might bias one regarding their judgement on which is the better camera type.

Thats the power of free markets, free speech that the more efficient ideas win out - usually and eventually :-) Which is not to say that for the individual, what works best might be what you're used to and know how to operate. Graphite pencils and paint brushes are still being used.