Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
When I attach my 120-400 lense the camera gets frozen. Still donエt know why.
I would contact Sigma about this. It looks like a lens firmware issue. The camera has not much to do with it...

05-16-2017, 06:37 AM   #32
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
Afer almost 6 months of using K70 I am still not sure if my choice was right. The main BIG dissapointment was that K70 doesnエt work with some of my Sigma lenses, unfortunately with the most expensive ones. It is very sad considering that it was the main reason why I chose Pentax. When I attach my 120-400 lense the camera gets frozen. Still donエt know why.
The second dissapointment - camera could have much better controls. An ISO button surely would not make it more expensive.
At the same time when I look at the images made with K70, especially at high ISO, I am fascinated. My GX20 is not even close.
You need to send your Sigma 120-400mm to Sigma repair. Sigma Announces Lens Mounting Issue with K-70 - Third-Party Announcements | PentaxForums.com

I had the same issue with this lens and lockup on my K-1 (but the lens worked fine on my K-5 II). I sent it in for the mount replacement and wrote a note also indicated it froze my K-1 and probably needed a firmware update.

It came back around a week later and now works on my K-1 (no lockup). All I had to do was pay shipping to get it to Sigma.
05-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
You need to send your Sigma 120-400mm to Sigma repair. Sigma Announces Lens Mounting Issue with K-70 - Third-Party Announcements | PentaxForums.com

I had the same issue with this lens and lockup on my K-1 (but the lens worked fine on my K-5 II). I sent it in for the mount replacement and wrote a note also indicated it froze my K-1 and probably needed a firmware update.

It came back around a week later and now works on my K-1 (no lockup). All I had to do was pay shipping to get it to Sigma.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I will contact Sigma soon. Hope it will not cost me too much))
05-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote

That's great news. I'm glad things worked out for you.

08-01-2017, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So, guys, Sigma fixed this problem. I asked them to update my firmware and now the lens works good) It costed me 16$. At this time I am absolutely happy with my K-70)))