Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
The Mavic Pro looks so cool, but I can't justify the $$$.
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
I am also dreaming of having a dji-mavic
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Me too.
Its great that the high end Drones are @ a very good stage of development,however, consider the cheaper versions first.....you are shooting Pentax might I remind you!...ha ha.
There are very capable cheaper tools in every genre of photography and there is every level of Drone being produced.Youtube is your friend!....just look through the Chinese online sellers and consider the specs, theres YT reviews of everything.
A learner Drone is a good start, I'm just considering my 2nd Drone....the first was $100 learner model.

Also, the home modifications can bring the cheaper models up to near the specs of the pricier drones.Check out Hubsan 501,bang for buck.

Last edited by surfar; 12-22-2016 at 12:28 PM.
12-22-2016, 12:31 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its great that the high end Drones are @ a very good stage of development,however, consider the cheaper versions first.....you are shooting Pentax might I remind you!...ha ha.
There are very capable cheaper tools in every genre of photography and there is every level of Drone being produced.Youtube is your friend!....just look through the Chinese online sellers and consider the specs, theres YT reviews of everything.
A learner Drone is a good start, I'm just considering my 2nd Drone....the first was $100 learner model.

Also, the home modifications can bring the cheaper models up to near the specs of the pricier drones.Check out Hubsan 501,bang for buck.
Is there a cheaper drone that gets as small as the Mavic Pro? That and 4K are what is important to me.
12-22-2016, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

There are cheaper Drones that do 4K....I am considering one@ the moment, I haven't compared the size but i'll get back to you on that.

The Mavic is a top end item and very desireable but $$$$$wise, theres DFA primes in the near future!
12-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
There are cheaper Drones that do 4K....I am considering one@ the moment, I haven't compared the size but i'll get back to you on that.

The Mavic is a top end item and very desireable but $$$$$wise, theres DFA primes in the near future!
Thanks for looking into that.

A bit off-topic, but what are you looking for in the new D-FA primes?

12-22-2016, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

On the DFA topic, uwa....I have 24mm which is wide enough but I may consider the new uwa(depending on price)Also the 135ish(if theres one).My guess is a 16/24/35/85/135 ish FLs.Depends on speed and price.I'll be happy to find a M 20mm and try that too.

A heads up on a small 4k Drone(ive only just seen it, no research at this stage).....Zerotech Dobby,13mp 4k....I'm guna google it now

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 07:34 AM ----------

The Dobby is pocketable...4K stills...1080p video....when I get time i'll watch the YT stuff....looks very convenient.

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 08:13 AM ----------

Xiaomi Mi.....UP Air UPair One....some competitive features.