Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Composite (plastic) K to micro 4/3 adapter

When I want to pop my DA 40 or DA 70 on my GX-1 I need an aperture control so I use a metal adapter with that. It is heavier than I would like but it seems a necessary way to construct the adapter for durable long term use.

However I also own an F 50 f1.7, an FA 31 and 77 and various other lenses with aperture rings. For the smaller and lighter lenses that fit this description I would really like a composite lightweight adapter. But I can't find one! Does anyone out there know where I can get one? Bonus points if it includes an open / close aperture control but that feature is not required.

11-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might need to liaise with s/o with a 3D printer to get a plastic one. The only ones I've ever seen are metal.

Where did you get the adapter with aperture control?
11-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
You might need to liaise with s/o with a 3D printer to get a plastic one. The only ones I've ever seen are metal.

Where did you get the adapter with aperture control?
Fotasy from Amazon. It's not click stop controlled or calibrated - it just opens and closes the aperture like an M42 auto/manual switch but with a long throw that is stepless and smooth so you can adjust to whatever aperture you want. If you want a very specific aperture you can meter wide open and then slowly stop down to see when the exposure changes to get your close approximation of the aperture you want. It isn't perfect but better than zero use of DA lenses.

I have found a K to M43 on a 3d printing site. I may have to do that. I was really hoping someone else besides me wanted the lightness of plastic.