Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Canon m5

Well, it looks nice for stills....Canon peeps were disappointed with the video offering on the 5Dmk iv....and the mirrorless shooters will probably be the same, only 1080@ 60fps.

Ive handled a friends M3, that felt nice and his travel shots were excellent.

AF adapter for around US100 gives access to lots of good glass.

If Ricoh have a secret ML under development then its got to compete with this.

On sale now in USA!

Last edited by surfar; 12-13-2016 at 02:17 PM.
12-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Well, it looks nice for stills....Canon peeps were disappointed with the video offering on the 5Dmk iv....and the mirrorless shooters will probably be the same, only 1080@ 60fps.

Ive handled a friends M3, that felt nice and his travel shots were excellent.

AF adapter for around US100 gives access to lots of good glass.

If Ricoh have a secret ML under development then its got to compete with this.

On sale now in USA!
I'm glad to hear someone else talking about this; this is the first serious MILC I've seen from Canikon. Ever since the M5 was announced I've been periodically expressing the hope that the design of the K-70 presages an EVF-equipped MILC version, because having Canon be serious about an MILC entry in lower-tier market could be just what it takes to tilt that market towards MILC, much as the first IBM PC led to everyone's taking micro computers seriously
12-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well in APSc its in competition with Sony a6000/6300/6500....as well as what Fuji offers.

We don't know what plans Ricoh have for this segment but I agree...a MILC based on K70 would be a great addition, it would have to be as thick as the Brick for a K mount( seriously doubt a new mount will be developed).

Next year is FF prime year but a body or 2/3 may happen along too?

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
the first serious MILC I've seen from Canikon

The M3 looked pretty serious to me but no EVF. The M5 has latest AF and processor, I think Canon are aiming at clawing back market share from Fujony.