Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
looking to upgrade my P&S ...

I've always liked having an advanced p&s camera to grab when I just don't feel like hauling around the big stuff. Started with a Pentax MX-1 that I liked but missed an OVF and wanted something a bit smaller. Moved on to my current Fuji X10 which I like, but the fixed OVF is very rudimentary and the image quality doesn't match what I was getting from the MX-1.

I've been thinking about moving on to the Sony RX100 M3 which is in my price range, has an EVF, and is even smaller than my other two cameras. Spent the last three days reading online reviews, but am not feeling certain about "pulling the trigger" to buy.

Has anyone made or not made a similar move to the RX100 and give me real life advice why I should or should not ?

Thank you for any help. Also, please no other recommendations for other camera brands. I've gotten it down to just the Sony for my needs.

02-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a RX100 MK I for my wifes one month trip to Australia. She shot in auto modes only because she doesn't know a lot about photography but I set the camera to shoot RAW. I really have to say I was blown away by the pictures she brought home. The picture quality and dynamic range is astounding for a camera that easily slips in your pocket. I didn't have the opportunity to try other cameras in this segment but from what I have seen the RX100 do, it really is hard to beat that.
02-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have an RX100 (mk1) as a back up to my K5ii and I'm really happy with the results,no doubt you've checked out this thread?

Post your Sony RX100 Pictures Here - PentaxForums.com