Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2017, 12:19 AM   #226
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
No kidding, in dollars it's a 500% upgrade.
It still can take pictures.

05-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #227
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
A9 vs D5 vs 1DX

Google Translate
05-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #228
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
A9 vs D5 vs 1DX

Google Translate
Great, more test charts. I "love" watching charts and bills photographed in controlled environments.
05-26-2017, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
A9 tracking a basketball.

05-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #230
Pentaxian

A9 tracking a basketball.

???????9?????? - YouTube
A photographing two guys standing in one place throwing a basketball back and forth? That's boring. But it does illustrate the issues with tracking and why it's so irrelevant for most of us. I took the guys quite a few times just to keep the basketball in the frame. Everything was totally predictable from the starting point of the ball, to the time it left the frame. It's really boring. If these guys weren't trying to make the case that this is a great camera it wouldn't be worth watching.

What did it prove to me? What I've always said, the problem isn't with the camera tracking. It's with the photographer trying to keep the subject in the frame. With an A9 a basketball and few martial arts dues, is that the best that can be done with this camera?

As for the video production, way too much talking, not enough shooting.
05-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Parkour tracking
05-27-2017, 05:33 AM   #232
Pentaxian

Enjoy the hype. With all due respect.. looking at the first image on that video, I don't take images like that, I don't have opportunity to take images like that. And I'm not watching anymore promotional videos, fro Sony A9s, any religious fanfics posting on you-tube or any self help gurus.

I've seen enough to know I'm not interested. They simply don't do what I do, and I.m not willing to trade what I have to get wha they are offering. And I certainly don't care to spend my life going gaga over every video some person posts on youtube.

Enjoy your thread.

Last edited by normhead; 05-27-2017 at 07:44 AM.
05-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
A photographing two guys standing in one place throwing a basketball back and forth? That's boring. But it does illustrate the issues with tracking and why it's so irrelevant for most of us. I took the guys quite a few times just to keep the basketball in the frame. Everything was totally predictable from the starting point of the ball, to the time it left the frame. It's really boring. If these guys weren't trying to make the case that this is a great camera it wouldn't be worth watching.

What did it prove to me? What I've always said, the problem isn't with the camera tracking. It's with the photographer trying to keep the subject in the frame. With an A9 a basketball and few martial arts dues, is that the best that can be done with this camera?

As for the video production, way too much talking, not enough shooting.
Show me how the K-1 performs in a similar test.

---------- Post added 05-27-17 at 09:21 AM ----------

Enjoy the hype
Its not hype Norm. They are reviews that people who are interested in the camera can read. The questions is why are you reading them? You obviously have no interest in the camera.

---------- Post added 05-27-17 at 09:22 AM ----------

lars ronbog roenboeg www.ronbog.dk ronbog.com denmark copenhagen fotograf photographer
05-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #234
Pentaxian

I guess you really don't understand what hype is.

Notice Sony didn't put one in my hands (or the hands of anyone Might trust for an opinion) so wecould give you an opinion. They gave the camera to fan boys. Some of prefer more balanced reviews by more objective photographers.

These guys are like used car salesmen. Made more distressing by the fact the aren't even getting paid. They think selling a camera is a hobby.

Last edited by normhead; 05-27-2017 at 07:54 AM.
05-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #235
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Show me how the K-1 performs in a similar test.
When Sony produce a camera that costs the same as a K! ask again
05-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #236
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Enjoy the hype. With all due respect.. looking at the first image on that video, I don't take images like that, I don't have opportunity to take images like that. And I'm not watching anymore promotional videos, fro Sony A9s, any religious fanfics posting on you-tube or any self help gurus.
The Sony camera for landscapes is the A99II or the A7rII. This one would be perfect for wildlife however because it doesn't need to make noise.
05-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #237
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
The Sony camera for landscapes is the A99II or the A7rII. This one would be perfect for wildlife however because it doesn't need to make noise.
And the next Sony incarnation of this model will be declared even more perfect. In the minds of Sony enthusiasts perfection is worthy of note only when applied to un-released Sony product that they haven't used. As soon as its released, the imperfections will begin to be noted.

Sometimes I think there should be a reputation earned for the best photos taken with the cheapest gear. A dollar efficiency quotient. Get really tired of the endless posts telling people to spend more money than they need to to get the results they desire.
05-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #238
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
When Sony produce a camera that costs the same as a K! ask again
According to the resident Pentax brand apologist that test was boring and predictable so surely a K-1 is capable of such a simple test regardless of price. The K-1 is the flagship model and the pinnacle of Ricoh's AF technology.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic. I own the K-1 and I know it would be a challenge to get just on image of the ball in focus much less a series.

This was never intended to be a thread to bash the K-1. It is the best value by far when it comes to FF DSLRs. The thread was originally posted to showcase the cutting edge sensor technology that is in the A9. The Pentax brand apologists can't stand it when anyone says anything positive about any brand other than Pentax. The A9 is an awesome piece of technology. Most people don't need it, but that doesn't make it any less amazing. Even if you don't like the A9 you have to look at this sensor tech and wonder how it will be implemented by other camera manufacturers. Olympus, Pentax, Fuji and Nikon all use Sony sensors. Everyone should be interested in how it performs because in 10 years Ricoh will start using it.
05-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #239
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've seen enough to know I'm not interested. They simply don't do what I do, and I.m not willing to trade what I have to get wha they are offering. And I certainly don't care to spend my life going gaga over every video some person posts on youtu
It staggers my mind so much to understand why you stake so much interest in Sony, when you constantly proclaim your disinterest in Sony. The people who start these threads in this section usually have more than one brand of camera Pentax+Sony or Fuji+Pentax or Canon+Pentax. I challenge you to show how much you are not interested in Sony by not posting in Sony threads.
05-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #240
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
I challenge you to show how much you are not interested in Sony by not posting in Sony threads.
Good old reverse psychology

Last edited by JohnBee; 05-28-2017 at 07:43 PM.