Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 105 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
It staggers my mind so much to understand why you stake so much interest in Sony, when you constantly proclaim your disinterest in Sony. The people who start these threads in this section usually have more than one brand of camera Pentax+Sony or Fuji+Pentax or Canon+Pentax. I challenge you to show how much you are not interested in Sony by not posting in Sony threads.
It staggers my mind that anyone who tries to bring some semblance of reason into these Sony fan threads is immediately dumped on.

These are the talking points.

"You don't own the camera." None of you Sony advocates own this camera.
QuoteQuote:
The people who start these threads in this section usually have more than one brand of camera Pentax+Sony or Fuji+Pentax or Canon+Pentax
Currently I only own Nikon and Pentax. SO once again, you're in error.

QuoteQuote:
I challenge you to show how much you are not interested in Sony by not posting in Sony threads.
I have often pointed out that those who shoot multiple brands often don't get the most out of Pentax because they just grab a more appropriate body when needed. Yet I have never felt the urge to tell those types to stay out of any threads. But maybe I should add, if you can't keep yourself from being this rude this rue it's questionable if you even belong on the forum.

But I understand why you want me out of your threads. You desire to go as stupidly gaga as you wish without any kind of balance.

Simply stated, I have owned many different types of Cameras, even a Sony or two. If you continue to post this kind of ignorant trash talk about me, maybe we'll have to take it up with the mods.

In my career
8x10 and 4x5 view cameras .
A long line of Pentaxes
A mamiya 645 film camera.
I've worked with both Pansonic and Sony during my 15 year teaching career.

My old Sigma DP2
My daughters Canon rebel.

Brands I have had in my hands to test in the last few years include Panasonic, Canon , Nikon, Sony, Sigma among others.

Are you beginning to understand what a pile of crock you just posted?

Do you claim to have some kind of superior knowledge that would enable you to safely suggest that your view point is worth listening to, and mine should stay out of the threads you post in? I guess we should all just defer your superior wisdom?

Clearly your one of those folks who believes someone who has a different take on things than you do is wrong and shouldn't be allowed to post. Is there any chance you hang out at this forum because you've been kicked off the others you've belonged to? Or is that just an "out to lunch" random thought?

Hows your "staggered mind" doing?

05-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #257
Veteran Member

Sony has leading edge technology but they seem to leave important things out. For instance, Samsung made a BSI APS-C 28 megapixel CMOS chip (in the NX1) that did 4K video that did not overheat (the A6300 and A6500 do). Sony CMOS chips would run cooler, if the circuitry was made of copper or nickel or a copper and nickel alloy. Aluminum, which most CMOS chips have their circuitry made of is a poor conductor of electricity which causes more resistance which produces excess heat. The Samsung CMOS chip uses copper circuitry which also uses less energy.
05-28-2017, 03:35 PM - 5 Likes   #258
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Looks they've got this covered;

05-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #259
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Several posts in this thread has gone into the personal attack category. I hate closing threads, so I'd like to ask all of you to please keep it polite and keep it friendly.

05-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #260
Pentaxian

Wow out of 1000 shots only 2 were out of focus

---------- Post added 05-28-17 at 07:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Maybe this will incite Sony to increase the size of their mirrorless bodies
Needless to say, I'm thinking the a9 is in need of a bit of FW rescue
A battery grip would help to dissipate the heat and keep the body cool.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 05-28-2017 at 05:01 PM.
05-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #261
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Are you beginning to understand what a pile of crock you just posted?
What Sony cameras have you owned?
05-29-2017, 05:06 AM   #262
Pentaxian

What Sony cameras have you owned?
Is this the "I have more toys than you" argument Surfer? "

How many A9s have you owned?

This is the first time I've heard someone claim that being heavily influenced by marketing for cameras makes them an expert.

Last edited by normhead; 05-29-2017 at 05:30 AM.
05-29-2017, 05:28 AM   #263
Veteran Member

Wow out of 1000 shots only 2 were out of focus
'Wildly out of focus' is not the same as 'out of focus', the camera is undoubtedly good so why do you feel the need to exaggerate? Yesterday I took 500 shots at a cricket match with my K3 and Sigme 150 500 and they were all in focus - does this mean anything apart from the fact that I like cricket?
05-29-2017, 05:33 AM   #264
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
'Wildly out of focus' is not the same as 'out of focus', the camera is undoubtedly good so why do you feel the need to exaggerate? Yesterday I took 500 shots at a cricket match with my K3 and Sigme 150 500 and they were all in focus - does this mean anything apart from the fact that I like cricket?
There was an independent review of 5 or 6 cameras a few years ago, with all cameras put through the same test, and Pentax had the best percentage of images in acceptable focus. I've seen no independent tests since claiming otherwise. It's out of date, that was a K-5. Most of us don't care if something is very good at something like keeper rate. We only care it it's better than what we have. And even then, with Pentax missing 3.5% of it's shots with everyone else missing closer to 5, it wasn't anything to write home about. Apparently now its an issue.

If this was something you cared about Surfar, why weren't you shooting Pentax all along? My assumption is you only carea bout it because now it's a claim made by Sony, even though there is no independent testing saying it's better than anyone else.

ANd I find it hard to believe anyone evaluated 1000 images.

After a recent day out shooting with some of my fellow park photography enthusiasts one of the 1DX guys told me he had taken 1300 images the afternoon before. ANd they were still waiting to be processed. I felt sorry for the guy. I'm going to feel even sorrier for the guys who have 1/3 more images from their Sony A9s.

Last edited by normhead; 05-29-2017 at 05:39 AM.
05-29-2017, 06:42 AM   #265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I do wonder about 20 fps. It would drive me crazy to wade through that many images. If I take photos on a vacation, I will typically come home with 500 or 600 images from a week's time. That's just 30 seconds of shooting with an A9.

I know for sports shooters it is about capturing an exact moment, but personally, it would end up taking me far longer to sort images afterwards than the process of acquiring the images. Not really my cup of tea.
05-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #266
Pentaxian

Is this the "I have more toys than you" argument Surfer? "

How many A9s have you owned?

This is the first time I've heard someone claim that being heavily influenced by marketing for cameras makes them an expert.
You said you owned a Sony camera or 2. It's a simple question. I didn't make a huge list of Cameras I own..go back a few posts.

---------- Post added 05-29-17 at 11:23 AM ----------

Here are all your toys
In my career 8x10 and 4x5 view cameras . A long line of Pentaxes A mamiya 645 film camera. I've worked with both Pansonic and Sony during my 15 year teaching career. My old Sigma DP2 My daughters Canon rebel. Brands I have had in my hands to test in the last few years include Panasonic, Canon , Nikon, Sony, Sigma among others. Are you beginning to understand what a pile of crock you just posted?
Simply stated, I have owned many different types of Cameras, even a Sony or two. If you continue to post this kind of ignorant trash talk about me, maybe we'll have to take it up with the mods.
05-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #267
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
Did you take all those shots in about 2-5 minutes or was it more carefully composed over a six hour cricket match
05-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #268
Pentaxian

I asked if you owned an A9 it's a simple question.

This isn't an interrogation dude, if you can't give and take , don't play.

We tell you about our experience, you respond with marketing hype. It's just not an honest way to discuss things.

Before you get your hands on them, these things are always perfect.

Last edited by normhead; 05-29-2017 at 10:40 AM.
05-29-2017, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #269
Veteran Member

Did you take all those shots in about 2-5 minutes or was it more carefully composed over a six hour cricket match
Someone who needs to take 500 shots in 2-5 minutes is doing it for a different reason than me, if just pointing the camera and pressing a button for two minutes so that one in a thousand is a 'good' shot is the justification for the A9 then I'm not interested. The weakness in all this 'Sony is great' hype is that whilst it might appeal to tech addicts and the small number earning a living from top end sports journalism to many of us it's just 'boys toys'
05-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #270
Pentaxian

some video with Sony A9 Sony FE 12-24 F4 G Master + FE 16-35 F2.8 Hands-On Looks pretty darn good.