Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Getting into Cinematography

Here's a quick video shot a few minutes from my home with my new Mavic Pro

I've been a photographer for many years, but these are my first tries in cinematography. I have A LOT to learn, but it should be a lot of fun.

This was filmed at a local hiking area called Devil's Backbone. Shot in 2.7K at 30P.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to return this one as the right side of the video is blurry, a known issue with the Mavics. I'll be requesting a new one though, this thing has HUGE potential as a tool for my photography and in getting my feet wet in cinematography.

05-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That , was nice.....Another angle that wasn't available unless you owned/hired a helicopter!

There will be lots of progress quickly in this field( longer range and flying time) AND prices will become pretty good.
05-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
That , was nice.....Another angle that wasn't available unless you owned/hired a helicopter!

There will be lots of progress quickly in this field( longer range and flying time) AND prices will become pretty good.
Thanks!

I am blown away by the video quality, at least for most of the image. If the right side was as sharp as the rest of the image, I'd be very happy with it.

This quad can already fly up to 4.5 miles away and has a 27 minute flight time. It really is incredible how much technology they packed in such a small package. Its as small as a water bottle when folded up.
05-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, I saw the reviews when it was released....the Go Pro was released around the same time but was BUGGED, ok now I think?

Some people modify the cheaper stuff and get a lot of fly time....not sure about range?

The angles they can get is like a bird, the 4K mode can give you 8mp frame grabs too which are handy!