Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
NO Full Frame Fuji

The Angry guy has some YouTube stuff, if anyones interested....Some funny sections.

---------- Post added 06-06-17 at 05:05 PM ----------

Last edited by surfar; 06-05-2017 at 10:59 PM.
06-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hang on, did he say the 645Z was overpriced?
06-05-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Its same price or similar to GFX, so that ones overpriced too.....both are only 1.7x the sensor size of the K1{it must be underpriced}

Theo is brash and doesn't care who he upsets, he bagged the MF thingo,saying its limited to lanscapes and product shot,.that was after the Fuji announcement.Since owning one hes changed his tune though.

I find him amusing but quite precise in plenty he spruiks.....his opinion is just that, take it with a grain of whatever.
06-06-2017, 02:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He claims to have handled and shot the 645Z and to have been woefully unimpressed with the build quality. His basis of comparison was allegedly the much more expensive Mamiya Leaf. The 645Z should have been a gimme in the pre-GFX era, and sometimes I think he's thoroughly full of "it", but his criticisms are right on base in many other ways.

06-06-2017, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Fuji dropped out of SLR's when AF made a rise and their Nikon based dslr's (never full frame) were a failure. There is hardly a legacy to build it on. They would need a new mount and a new lens line up with only third party glass that can be adapted to fill the initial gaps. Canon and Nikon and Ricoh won't have that disadvantage when they decide to go FF mirrorless.
06-06-2017, 05:14 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Fuji dropped out of SLR's when AF made a rise
As did Ricoh, ironically enough. I don't blame them. Taking on the DSLR challenge was not for the faint of heart - R&D is expensive, even when much of what goes into a camera controls only the shutter and can be carried directly over from film, and Pentax was lucky to survive the failed release of the MZ-D.
06-06-2017, 05:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
As did Ricoh, ironically enough.
Maybe they can buy Nikon like Ricoh bought Pentax They are certainly a bigger company.

06-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe they can buy Nikon like Ricoh bought Pentax
They could probably buy the punch-drunk loser of the upcoming Nikon/Canon/Sony mirrorless war for a song. The complication, if this should turn out to be Sony, is that Minolta never want their name attached to a camera ever again - so that brand could not be revived if Sony decided to shed their camera division.
06-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #9
Pentaxian

They could just call e-mount camera's α. If Sony gets any more dominant on the sensor market it could be forced to sell its camera division.
06-06-2017, 05:57 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Can't take any more youtube vids featuring overweight men in sheds. With opinions, plenty of them. And a bad case of logorrhoea. It's no way to do photography.

I don't think there can ever be a final No from any company. If times change, especially in a quite unforeseen way, then the company changes or it heads south. Simple. Fuji might well not have plans for FF under the present dispensation. But imagine another: medium format isn't selling well, APS-C has gone about as far as Fuji can take it, FF has clearly become the mid-market sweet spot, new sensors come on the market which are a distinct advance over today's Sony-Bayer offers ... anything is possible, really. In the meantime, Fuji have to say what they say to keep the stock selling but I'm not sure anyone really believes it.
06-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Maybe they can buy Nikon like Ricoh bought Pentax
I hadn't read this yet. I solemnly swear Competition rumor: Fuji will buy Nikon shares to save them from troubles? - sonyalpharumors sonyalpharumors
06-06-2017, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #12
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Can't take any more youtube vids featuring overweight men in sheds. With opinions, plenty of them. And a bad case of logorrhoea. It's no way to do photography.
As opposed to... forum posts featuring overweight men in sheds with plenty of opinions and a bad case of logorrhoea? I joke!

I agree though.. video is best left to showing activity not diatribes.
06-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I anxioulsy await his 60-minute vids in glorious 8K.

Amusing parts and some interesting points of view, but I find his videos difficult to watch. And the content-to-duration ratio is low.
06-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #14

Same news here from Petapixel:
Report Claims Japanese Government is Asking Fuji to Buy a Stake in Nikon