Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uh-oh, Nikon...

Holy carp, Nikon.

What a way to celebrate your 100th anniversary.

I know we whine a lot about the opposition and we want Ricoh to Make Asahi Great Again, but no camera company deserves this. (There but for the grace of God goes Pentax.)

08-02-2017, 04:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is probably just the recalls Nikon already announced Nikon expands D750 shutter recall yet again, more cameras affected: Digital Photography Review.
08-02-2017, 04:24 AM - 1 Like   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

he said he doesn't want to announce this

and then he continues to talk

and talk

and talk

anyone know who this guy is

other than the guy with the cap in a vehicle
08-02-2017, 05:55 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

The old "I know something you don't know and I can't tell you what it is" crap we always see in such videos. These are common in all sorts of areas from sports to celebs to politics and beyond. They should be ignored. The truth usually outs in the end anyway if it's actually widely important.

Riddle me this: How exactly is Nikon going to go after some random guy in a car for some sort of "liability" if he is not party to a contractual agreement? Good Lord.

08-02-2017, 06:04 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, so I'm not going to watch this, but is this Carpool Karaoke or something?
08-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Ok, so I'm not going to watch this, but is this Carpool Karaoke or something?
C'mon, you know you want to click on the video...

While I don't rely on anything this guy spouts ('The Angry Photographer' on YouTube), I do find some of his babblings entertaining in a bizarre sort of way. Gee, I guess I gotta get out more and take photos.
08-02-2017, 06:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
he said he doesn't want to announce this

and then he continues to talk

and talk

and talk

anyone know who this guy is

other than the guy with the cap in a vehicle
He works for a camera store (camera repair) up in Lexington, Kentucky. I don't know the specifics, but he works in the industry so if Nikon has contacted dealers he would be aware of it. He is also a long time Nikon shooter.

08-02-2017, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

It's Ken Wheeler, aka The Angry Photographer. He's a self proclaimed Nikon Guru, repeats himself constantly (could cut his videos in half if he stopped this), can be big on talk and short on facts from time to time. On some of his YouTube videos the level of profanity is so high it's a verbal diarrhea monologue. The only thing big about The Angry Photographer is his massive self-inflated ego. For good information, Mr Wheeler may not be an optimal source. That's my 2 cents.
08-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Having watched the first few seconds, I think it's fair to say that I couldn't give the tiniest toss what he has to say about anything, earth-shattering or otherwise.
08-02-2017, 08:50 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
This is probably just the recalls Nikon already announced
It probably is, and yes he's becoming a bit of a tiresome windbag (I unsubbed from him a while ago because of his physics tin-hattery), but it's still not the best thing to happen to a camera company that's trying to enjoy its centenary but finds itself having to do yet another recall for the same body that's had trouble previously.

I don't go to DPreview so I don't know what's covered there, but from time to time Angry still has something entertaining to say.

All in all, what I was trying to say is that I feel a bit bad for Nikon at the moment.
08-02-2017, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #11
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
It's Ken Wheeler, aka The Angry Photographer. He's a self proclaimed Nikon Guru, repeats himself constantly (could cut his videos in half if he stopped this), can be big on talk and short on facts from time to time. On some of his YouTube videos the level of profanity is so high it's a verbal diarrhea monologue. The only thing big about The Angry Photographer is his massive self-inflated ego. For good information, Mr Wheeler may not be an optimal source. That's my 2 cents.
Yet the terrible thing is people still share his videos, thus giving him more clicks which puts more money (ad stream) in his pocket, which is incentive to keep producing said videos. We are feeding the poor behavior.
08-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
It's Ken Wheeler, aka The Angry Photographer
Its a shame that the poor language is included in his YT stuff,otherwise theres plenty that's informative.Sometimes hes wrong(evf on D850)but many times hes correct.
I agree that his stuff is TOO LONG with the repition of fact.

His knowledge of Fuji and Nikon is UP there and his general knowledge is reasonably sound.IF/when Pentax goes under/gets sold,he WILL claim it so lets hope hes got that 1 wrong!
08-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its a shame that the poor language is included in his YT stuff,otherwise theres plenty that's informative.Sometimes hes wrong(evf on D850)but many times hes correct.
I agree that his stuff is TOO LONG with the repition of fact.

His knowledge of Fuji and Nikon is UP there and his general knowledge is reasonably sound.IF/when Pentax goes under/gets sold,he WILL claim it so lets hope hes got that 1 wrong!
Everyone used to claim Apple was months from going under too. It made absolutely no difference to anyone in the end. It didn't hurt Apple, no one dumped Apple because of the prognosticators, they just all ended up looking like fools, every last one of them, and there were a lot.
08-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Apple was months from going under too.
Yes,Norm,tall poppy syndrome exists at all levels....KW has stated Pentax is going broke in a couple of YTs that ive seen(I only watch his stuff i'm interested in)but hes the only one so far that I know of.

I also follow the ABC rule...Assume nothing, Believe NO ONE, Confirm everything....Lotsa BS gets posted/said/written/viewed.OH,and just lately TWITERED!

Last edited by surfar; 08-02-2017 at 04:15 PM.
08-02-2017, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

I've caught this guy saying lie after lie. Stopped watching his videos. He totally makes things up. I honestly think he's got a mental condition...