09-15-2017, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@LeRolls

solid images. great work.

09-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I remember one of the largest complaints of pentax was the lens lineup, I think Sony's is way worse. Not a strong "affordable line" and the pro line isn't complete (And is incredibly pricey). Pentax at least has the core 3 zooms and an amazing APSC lineup.
Current Sony Mirrorless cameras have the ability to be fully compatible with Canon EF,Sony A, And can be AF compatible with almost every Lens ever made ,Pentax K and m42 included.
09-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Current Sony Mirrorless cameras have the ability to be fully compatible
With the TechArt Pro adapter.....some are compatible.....A9,A7r2,a6500 definitely...and the rumoured A7iii probably.[COLOR="Silver"]

Some $ony body owners dont own a native lens.
09-16-2017, 07:56 PM - 3 Likes   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
@LeRolls

solid images. great work.
Thanks. I do what I can with what I have to work with.

04-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Fuji image is smaller!
GFX50 ... problem solved
04-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
GFX50
At the moment the 50S is the only body available,however,later this year may see the announcement of the 50R.This has long been rumoured as has the price, 3500-4500(started out as 39/4000).When Photokina comes around we will know more.
04-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks. I do what I can with what I have to work with.
Well expressed, succinct and you hit the nail on the proverbial head. We all need to accept that we need to work with what we have and do what we can do...in terms of our skills.

We need to realize that the more we use the equipment we have, something magical seems to happen...we get better at using what we have...also known as developing our skills by trial and error and understanding how to use the particular machine we have/use... to it's fullest in different situations..

BTW, LeRolls...I must admit....judging by the pictures you take...I would think most of us on this forum that look at your work...would agree that you do a phenomenal job.... doing what you can.... with what you have to work with. You are on another plane.

04-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #68
Pentaxian

Wow...can't believe I read through all of that.

A few people definitely made some good points that I wholeheartedly agree with. Basically there are no bad cameras being made anymore so you just have to go with the system you personally like. Sounds like you prefer the Fuji setup. If you don't plan on doing much post processing than I think the Fuji will be fine for you. I mostly do portraiture, still-life and landscape so I never had any issues with AF on the Pentax system. I absolutely love the dynamic range that the K-1 gives me. An area where Fuji and Canon are both lacking when compared to Nikon, Sony, and Pentax. I like Fuji for the look and feel of the camera. I dig the retro vibe. I also like the video capabilities of the XT-2 especially after this latest firmware update but other than that I prefer the K-1. I have three friends in my area who own the Nikon D810 and two with the D750 all of which shoot portraits. They have stated that they are quite impressed by the output of the K-1 and the FA 85 in regards to portraiture. A few example shots:

Shots taken with external flash, natural light, ISO range from 100-1600. Both day and night. LR CC with Nik Efex plugins.
What your samples show is that you have refined your art, learned what it takes get the look right in a model shoot, be it the selection of the models you work with, the theme of the shoot, the lighting to use to bring your vision to reality , the processing.

Its largely independent of gear, and you have shown it well.
04-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #69

Does the Fuji color really look better to you? As I have read somewhere, it looks kinda plastic-ish. The green in the background is oversaturated, does not look natural to me.

Honestly I prefer the K3 color, much more natural, although looks underexposed.
04-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kamisu Quote
Does the Fuji color really look better to you? As I have read somewhere, it looks kinda plastic-ish. The green in the background is oversaturated, does not look natural to me.

Highly subjective IMO.
I find the same thing as you with the Fuji colors.

IMO, just go with the gear that one feels he "wants".
No need to justify anything or rationalize it. (we know if its an itch, its gotta be scratched)
04-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Wow...can't believe I read through all of that.

A few people definitely made some good points that I wholeheartedly agree with. Basically there are no bad cameras being made anymore so you just have to go with the system you personally like. Sounds like you prefer the Fuji setup. If you don't plan on doing much post processing than I think the Fuji will be fine for you. I mostly do portraiture, still-life and landscape so I never had any issues with AF on the Pentax system. I absolutely love the dynamic range that the K-1 gives me. An area where Fuji and Canon are both lacking when compared to Nikon, Sony, and Pentax. I like Fuji for the look and feel of the camera. I dig the retro vibe. I also like the video capabilities of the XT-2 especially after this latest firmware update but other than that I prefer the K-1. I have three friends in my area who own the Nikon D810 and two with the D750 all of which shoot portraits. They have stated that they are quite impressed by the output of the K-1 and the FA 85 in regards to portraiture. A few example shots:

Shots taken with external flash, natural light, ISO range from 100-1600. Both day and night. LR CC with Nik Efex plugins.
Great pictures, but they also show the need of raw files. I dont know any setup where I would really like the jpgs. Even if I try to calibrate colour temperature before taking shots.
I wish Lightroom CC to become available for linux so badly. In the meanwhile I am stuck with darktable.
04-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WorksAsIntended Quote
I wish Lightroom CC to become available for linux so badly. In the meanwhile I am stuck with darktable.
This is basically the same issue; use the system that has the tools you want most. If you want Lightroom CC, get OSX or Windows going. I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where you can't be using either of those operating systems.
04-25-2018, 02:46 AM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Highly subjective IMO.
I find the same thing as you with the Fuji colors.

IMO, just go with the gear that one feels he "wants".
No need to justify anything or rationalize it. (we know if its an itch, its gotta be scratched)
Personally, I feel as though any image worth displaying is also worth editing. That may mean tweaking white balance (although on modern Pentax cameras it is pretty good), but it means more things like cropping, bumping shadows, or selectively adjusting contrast and sharpening within an image. Once you start doing that, one camera having a "better jpeg engine" than another camera ceases to be a good motivation to choose one over the other.
04-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kamisu Quote

Dependa on what film stimulation you use. On a nice sunny day in the beautiful mountain in Washington, I love the color Fuji gives me on Velvia mode. For my portrait, I use the different modes depends on my subjects. Provia is similar to Pentax natural color, but still a bit better to my taste.Acros is unbelievably great if you like B&W. I have got Fuji, Pentax and Sony and I'd say Fuji > Pentax > Sony. just my 2cent.
04-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_WA Quote
Dependa on what film stimulation you use
Yes, with around 15 different ones to choose from theres lots of "looks".The ability of one shutter press and 3 jpgs being processed in camera is also a neat feature.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I feel as though any image worth displaying is also worth editing.
Yes, around 50% of survey respondents on PF shoot raw only(last time i looked) as opposed to 22% in a survey on the main Fuji forum.

Before i bought into the Fuji system,i read their forum for around 18 months.Many comments about PP went along the lines of "I tried to match the Jpg and found i couldnt".A lot of people also commented that they bought into Fuji for exactly that reason.Personally,i havent shot a Raw on any of the 3 Fuji bodies i own.It is certainly one of the reasons i use their cameras.Every digital camera has a jpg engine,some use it and some dont.I shoot Raw and Jpeg with all the Pentax bodies.