Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

The Yashica 35 : Vintage gone digital

Was reading about it..Quite crafty way to vintage a digital..
It would be nice it could be done on a K1000sh model, although it would have to carry a fixed lens..50mm 1.7 its ok for me..

10-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There's a lot I like about the concept. Unfortunately it's got a TINY sensor; if it were aps-c or 35mm and a rangefinder like the old yashica electro or my Olympus 35RD I'd be completely on board.
10-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
  • Fixed focus
  • Fixed aperture
Digital Holga? (i.e. premium-priced toy camera)

Too bad they didn't make a true retro rangefinder digital sort of like the Epson R-D1 only with fixed lens, the digifilm modules, and no rear LCD.

Steve
10-11-2017, 11:31 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I saw this over on DPR. I like old film cameras and shooting film, I also like good digital cameras, but I have to say I think this is a really stupid idea.

I can see some people going for it - probably mostly people who want to shoot film but can't bring themselves to jump to the format or deal with it's limitations in a digital world, hunt down a good working camera etc - but I can't see it really going anywhere. It looks like it will get funded though - it's currently at 75% of the target.

I have a couple of old Yashica rangefinders and they look much nicer, I'm sure they feel MUCH better to use too. I'll stick to them.

10-12-2017, 01:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
(...) It looks like it will get funded though - it's currently at 75% of the target.

(...)
It's currently at 7.7 times the target: HK$ 6.2m raised versus a target of HK$ 800,000.
10-12-2017, 06:13 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I saw this over on DPR. I like old film cameras and shooting film, I also like good digital cameras, but I have to say I think this is a really stupid idea.

I can see some people going for it - probably mostly people who want to shoot film but can't bring themselves to jump to the format or deal with it's limitations in a digital world, hunt down a good working camera etc - but I can't see it really going anywhere. It looks like it will get funded though - it's currently at 75% of the target.

I have a couple of old Yashica rangefinders and they look much nicer, I'm sure they feel MUCH better to use too. I'll stick to them.
But those don't take AA batteries

I think the idea is interesting, but yes, its a little strange.
10-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
Veteran Member

this is bizarre. The concept is really interesting... the price is okay. It's funded very very quickly... I'll pass personally. But I think it's a really neat product with an interesting gimmick.

I still, very badly, want a way to get a digital back on to a classic film camera, even if it's only an apsc sensor.

10-12-2017, 05:25 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I still, very badly, want a way to get a digital back on to a classic film camera, even if it's only an apsc sensor.
There are a number of Frankencameras out there where people have grafted the innards of a NEX into various film cameras. Here is an old article about one of them...

Sonikon NikkorNex: A Vintage Nikon Film SLR Fused with a Modern Sony Mirrorless

Also:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/241691-conv...r-digital.html

Steve
10-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Steve , it lacks the lever, thats the whole point..
It is said that if this Yaschica flies, future models will have aperture rings and an ISO dial..shutter speeds will not be possible for lack of a shutter..
Thinking about it, I see it possible, if Yashica tranfers the brain inside the roll to the body..