Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Some pros and cons of mk 2 and 3 Oly omd 10.

---------- Post added 10-23-17 at 08:33 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

10-22-2017, 07:51 PM - 2 Likes   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Phones do selfies!

Panasonic GX85 is reasonably good value and the kit lens 12-32mm is retractable.Its an excellent lens in good light.FF fov of 24mm,its reasonably wide.Added bonus is great video 4K..A cheap alternative UWA(for good light)is the fisheye body cap Olympus 9mm.The curvature is minute,hardly noticeable.

The OMD 10 and GX85 are direct competitors,Panasonic is bang for buck.
I'll second the Panasonic GX85, I've had mine for almost a year and am very happy with it. The sensor holds its own against my K3, and the 12-32 kit lens has surprisingly good image quality. Also, I dropped the camera onto a concrete sidewalk, it bounced a few times, and it is still going strong. In addition to the Panasonic lenses, I bought a Fotodiox adapter and use it with my collection of Pentax lenses. The in-viewfinder focus peaking is a godsend with my older Pentax manual lenses.
10-23-2017, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

I know that you asked about Olympus bodies, but you definitely don't want to dismiss Panasonic bodies either. Take a look at the Panasonic G85. It might be a tad bit bigger than a similar Olympus body, but it has the swivel screen, 5-axis IBIS, takes 4K video, weather sealed, vibration free shutter, & does a lot of other stuff. There's even an optional battery grip for it as well. It offers a ton of bang for the buck value.

The only Olympus body that I would consider is the OMD E-M5II, but I'd definitely take the G85 over that.
10-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I know that you asked about Olympus bodies, but you definitely don't want to dismiss Panasonic bodies either. Take a look at the Panasonic G85. It might be a tad bit bigger than a similar Olympus body, but it has the swivel screen, 5-axis IBIS, takes 4K video, weather sealed, vibration free shutter, & does a lot of other stuff. There's even an optional battery grip for it as well. It offers a ton of bang for the buck value.
Thanks. I now looked into the G85 and GX85 and watch a few youtube videos. I think the G85 is a bit bigger but the GX85 looks impressive.

Now the decision is even harder!

10-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Thanks. I now looked into the G85 and GX85 and watch a few youtube videos. I think the G85 is a bit bigger but the GX85 looks impressive.

And the plot thickens

10-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Well, not too sure about harder?

Just look at the prices on Ebay!
10-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Haha! Yes. That G85 makes it much harder.

If I were to leave Pentax & join the m43 world, the G85 would be my intro camera. I'd eventually get an Olympus OMD E-M1II or a Panasonic GH5 as my main body. I guess it would all depend on what direction I go (stills or video) with that G85.

10-24-2017, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Haha! Yes. That G85 makes it much harder.

If I were to leave Pentax & join the m43 world, the G85 would be my intro camera. I'd eventually get an Olympus OMD E-M1II or a Panasonic GH5 as my main body. I guess it would all depend on what direction I go (stills or video) with that G85.

Cant go wrong with either, the quality is awesome.