Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,391
Okay so I thought the Fujifilm XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 lens was Good But..

...I didn't realize Just how good the Optical image Stabilization of the Fujifilm XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 R LM OIS actually was until I did this comparison against my Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS Lens.

I like to think it was an unbiased comparison on my part. I did no adjustments to either jpegs other than Auto White Balance in LR and I left everything the else the way it was shot as you can tell by the jumpy exposure. I normally shoot Manual lenses so I don't have many Optically stabilized lenses to compare so these are as close as I could compare.


11-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,751
To me , all shots are equally unsharp to begin with even at the highest shutter speed. I get better images with my Pentax setup, right out of the box with or without IS.
11-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,301
From what I understand YouTube does a lot of compression. You're better off making some 1:1 crops and posting to Flickr and linking them here. I couldn't really tell much from this I'm afraid.
11-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,751
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
You're better off making some 1:1 crops and posting to Flickr and linking them here. I couldn't really tell much from this I'm afraid.
I'd same the same, yes.

11-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,391
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
To me , all shots are equally unsharp to begin with even at the highest shutter speed. I get better images with my Pentax setup, right out of the box with or without IS.
Let's see them.

---------- Post added 11-03-17 at 11:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
From what I understand YouTube does a lot of compression. You're better off making some 1:1 crops and posting to Flickr and linking them here. I couldn't really tell much from this I'm afraid.
Fuji 0.5seconds 200mm aps-c hand held


---------- Post added 11-03-17 at 11:15 PM ----------

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 11-03-2017 at 08:17 PM.
11-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,301
I can try later to make a shot with my da* 200. But it may be a day or so.
11-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,391
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I can try later to make a shot with my da* 200. But it may be a day or so.
A da* 200mm that's a nice lens the sure heft of that one is going to help you at 1\125 but will it help at 0.5seconds.
I might take my K5 out with a 200mm and test it's SR
11-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,391
Original Poster
Just so you know, I rarely shoot with OSS Ois SR or even AF if it we're an actual walkabout shot I would have shot 1/250 or 1/180th no stabilization on my aps-c

11-04-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,301
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
A da* 200mm that's a nice lens the sure heft of that one is going to help you at 1\125 but will it help at 0.5seconds.
I might take my K5 out with a 200mm and test it's SR
I routinely shoot at 3 plus stops past 1/focal length so I'd expect 1/25 will be pretty good. 1/10 will push it. 1/4 and 1/2 seem highly unlikely.
11-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,391
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I routinely shoot at 3 plus stops past 1/focal length so I'd expect 1/25 will be pretty good. 1/10 will push it. 1/4 and 1/2 seem highly unlikely.
Ok I did a video Including my K5 showing handheld non stabilized(SR off) shots and I can shoot down to 1/60th of a second on a 200mmm but I prefer not to because I prefer to avoid shake altogether
Here is the video


Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 lens, afraid, comparison, compression, crops, flickr, fuji, fujifilm xf 55-200mm, k5, lenses, lot, pentax, pm, post, sony, sr, stabilization, video, vs, xf, xf 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Okay Okay I'm opening! eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 12-21-2014 10:38 PM
Okay okay I couldn't wait for the Q ... bought a Sony HX7V Christine Tham Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 21 08-27-2011 05:48 PM
Okay, Okay, I cannot resist CharlieO Pentax DSLR Discussion 43 04-10-2010 04:11 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top