Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
it depends on the product really. can you honestly tell me that a 'Limited' camera, knowing about the 'Limited lenses sounds like a serious camera in line with the K20D or any other camera in its class or higher? maybe its just me but that screams novelty and I don't think it would be good for pentax to separate such a camera in that way.
You were the one to refer to any Pentax item as a novelty. I'm just pointing out that to some people, they are a "novelty" in that there are people that think Pentax has been out of business. When people see me out with my Pentax dSLR, they do a double take.

Perhaps our definition of "novelty" is different.

QuoteQuote:
Novelty is the quality of being new. Although it may be said to have an objective dimension (e.g. a new style of art coming into being, such as abstract art or impressionism) it essentially exists in the subjective perceptions of individuals. It also refers to something novel; that which is striking, original or unusual.

08-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #47
Banned

I only referred to what you described as novelty.

QuoteQuote:
an article of trade whose value is chiefly decorative, comic, or the like and whose appeal is often transitory.

I can attest to this for sure.
QuoteQuote:
When people see me out with my Pentax dSLR, they do a double take.
09-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #48
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by miriya Quote
I don't think K20D is cheaper than 50D.

Pentax using traditional, stoneage SAFOX VIII AF module about 6 years

*ist, *istD, *istDL, *istDS, *istDS2, K100D, K110D, K10D, K20D, K200D
GX-1L, GX-1S, GX-10, GX-20

I think it is best price dropper.
AF is killing Pentax..

plus, only 3fps, 1/4000, and so forth.

I hope Pentax shows me some improvement of mechanical part.
(as well as IQ)

Be carefull of what you say
Just got trashed in another tread for saying pretty much the same thing

Well glad i am not the only one thinking the same thing
09-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
BH has the 50D body on pre-order for $1399. Thats body only. If you want the kit lens (EF 28-135mm), that puts it up to $1,599.

So you guys are way off base about it being cheaper because its not. BH as the K20d body for $1,019.95 and

Adorama as the k20d with the DA 16-45 for $1353.85 and with the 18-55 II, card, slinger back etc. for $1200.

I expect this camera to be as good as the k20d and better in some areas and not as good in others. However, the k20d is still the best option for pentaxians. The only reason I personally would consider getting the body would be to use the EF 65mm Macro lens on but that is a bit pricey just for 1 lens.

Pentax will up the ante at some point. That's the way the game is played.