Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Fuji X-H1

So some leaky rumours are around.

Announcement in the new calender year @ Photokina is likely.

IBIS is the news!

Same Sensor/Processor as the other main 24mp Fujis.

BIGger to cope with the heat from the 4K video,so may not need the grip to shoot 30 mins?( just a guess by me)

NO sensor shift on release but may come as a firmware update.

Enhanced video capability,top screen,a new film simulation.

Guesses for pricing are around U$2000.

12-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Internal F log is also confirmed.

Possible have a similar top lcd like GFX

Ps: Will it even be possible to do sensor shift with x-trans?
12-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Not sure about sensor shift,they said IBIS wasn't possible and presumably now it is, so firmware works miracles for Fuji.They are still supporting the first generation Xtrans.
12-03-2017, 04:21 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
Internal F log is also confirmed.

Possible have a similar top lcd like GFX

Ps: Will it even be possible to do sensor shift with x-trans?
I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be possible. X Trans is just a different layout of the color array from Bayer. The whole point is supposedly to decrease moire, but it isn't random and so if the software knows the grid layout then it should be able to combine four or six or whatever number of images and combine them together.

I do wonder if there will be some vignetting using IBIS with Fuji. Supposedly the mount is a bit tight for it, but the same said for Sony too and it seems to be fine.

12-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be possible. X Trans is just a different layout of the color array from Bayer. The whole point is supposedly to decrease moire, but it isn't random and so if the software knows the grid layout then it should be able to combine four or six or whatever number of images and combine them together.

I do wonder if there will be some vignetting using IBIS with Fuji. Supposedly the mount is a bit tight for it, but the same said for Sony too and it seems to be fine.
They said full sensor readout with ibis as well and now it comes with same batteries as X-T2

In Bayern sensors, you move 1 pixel in square motion and you covered all the different pixel colors. X-trans is bit more randomized, 4 greens together, so moving all of them without any drawbacks is bit more problematic in my opinion.
12-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
it comes with same batteries as X-T2
Yes, the S model...its in the XE3 as well.Same battery as the standard intial one that came in the first viewfinder Fuji(xe1).The S is supposed to have longer life.
12-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They said full sensor readout with ibis as well and now it comes with same batteries as X-T2

In Bayern sensors, you move 1 pixel in square motion and you covered all the different pixel colors. X-trans is bit more randomized, 4 greens together, so moving all of them without any drawbacks is bit more problematic in my opinion.
I suppose they could do it more Olympus style and focus more on super resolution than the improvement of color depth.

12-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Fuji needs to work on its AF technology and overall speed more than anything. They have great lenses, but their AF-C is only a little better than Pentax. Larger body for more processing power, bigger buffer and better heat control. Fuji is lagging behind Sony with the speed and features like face detection and eye AF.
12-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Fuji needs to work on its AF technology and overall speed more than anything. They have great lenses, but their AF-C is only a little better than Pentax. Larger body for more processing power, bigger buffer and better heat control. Fuji is lagging behind Sony with the speed and features like face detection and eye AF.

You need to re-check your info mate. Since XT2 fuji had been a king in mirrorless AF, especially with the newest update. Yes, it is not A9 level, but i have seen that thing go toe to toe with D500 in good light and completely decimate Em-1 mk2 in low light. I will admit Sony eye detection is miles better than Fuji's implementation but it still works well in simple situations.
12-04-2017, 01:16 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The XT2 was very good at AF,but with the recent firmware update its even better.

The XE3 launched with the latest AF algothings, the XT2 has caught up to it(and X100F as well i think?).

The XPRO2 has to wait a little till it gets firmwared up,sadly the XT20 isnt capable of the advancements.
12-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #11
Veteran Member

You need to re-check your info mate. Since XT2 fuji had been a king in mirrorless AF, especially with the newest update. Yes, it is not A9 level, but i have seen that thing go toe to toe with D500 in good light and completely decimate Em-1 mk2 in low light. I will admit Sony eye detection is miles better than Fuji's implementation but it still works well in simple situations.
That maybe. I have not used one since it was first released and it wasn't very impressive. It was nothing like a D500. If they have imprvoed the X-T2 to match a D500 then that is an amazing accomplishment.
12-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
FEB 14th is rumored to be the announcement date,also virtually no blackout in continuous, kinda like the $$$ony A9.
12-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Fuji really needs the development of organic sensors to move forward.
02-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Specs have dropped,pretty impressive $US 1899 or with grip 300 more.
Stills at similar level as XT2,but higher level video performance.Quite a good all rounder.
Officially announced in a few days.
02-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #15
Pentaxian

The X-H1 looks bigger and becoming DSLR like in terms of dimensions.