Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #1

Pentax lenses on canon AE-1 mounter adapter suggestions??

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi all!!

I'm currently in the process of restoring an old Canon AE-1. Only problem is that the only lenses I have fit my Pentax KX. Is there a lens mount adapter that can make these lenses fit the Canon AE-1?

If you'd like the specs of the lenses, I can send pictures. I'm not entirely sure of their exact specs (I'm a little bit of a newbie, sorry!!).

12-04-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found a thread discussing this here:
Pentax K to Canon FD - PentaxForums.com

Looks like it might be possible, but not something that's available.

Would probably be pretty cheap to get an old canon FD lens anyway. You can also use M42 lenses on FD, I think, via an adapter ring.

CANON 50MM F2 FD MOUNT LENS FOR CANON 35MM AND DIGITAL CAMERA AE-1, A-1, AE-1P | eBay

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's one of the Nikon F to FD adapters - there are a few varieties of these out there still. You can see that making it shorter and changing to Pentax K mount would be pretty difficult but maybe not impossible.

https://www.ebay.com/i/361948683470?chn=ps
12-05-2017, 05:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I found a thread discussing this here:
Pentax K to Canon FD - PentaxForums.com

Looks like it might be possible, but not something that's available.

Would probably be pretty cheap to get an old canon FD lens anyway. You can also use M42 lenses on FD, I think, via an adapter ring.

CANON 50MM F2 FD MOUNT LENS FOR CANON 35MM AND DIGITAL CAMERA AE-1, A-1, AE-1P | eBay
Yeah, I have an M42 adapter for FD. Works pretty well.