Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
To me, those cameras are for those who don't trust their skill level to get them the images they want. * for is amazing if you know what you're doing, and 4 FPPS is manageable.
For most of us such camera are a luxury. Like even your 300 f/2.8 is clearly a luxury for me.

Now imagine that taking photo is your job and you make a decent living out of it. You can remove the gear cost from your tax income and you don't pay VAT. Meaning basically what you pay for an A9 + Sony pro lenses isn't much more actually than an highend APSC rig for an amateur. And as a pro you need at least that.

And so what? Even a taxi driver need a car and that cost more than that. A brick & motar vendor need a place to sell, and that extremely expensive.

If you even spend 10K on photographic gear even 3 years that pocket money for anybody making a living out of their craft.

Is it useful ? Well you can always do better. Both the hardware and the photographer. The more you can trust and delegate to the hardware or ot your subconcious brain, the more you can put your focus on other things for even better results. That's great.

Now if one is an amateur and quite wealthy or just extremely motivated and buy it anyway, why not. Sure I agree that buying Jimi Hendrix guitar doesn't make you as good musician as Jimi but it doesn't means that a great guitarist shall limit himself only to the basic model for kids neither.

01-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
For most of us such camera are a luxury. Like even your 300 f/2.8 is clearly a luxury for me.

Now imagine that taking photo is your job and you make a decent living out of it. You can remove the gear cost from your tax income and you don't pay VAT. Meaning basically what you pay for an A9 + Sony pro lenses isn't much more actually than an highend APSC rig for an amateur. And as a pro you need at least that.

And so what? Even a taxi driver need a car and that cost more than that. A brick & motar vendor need a place to sell, and that extremely expensive.

If you even spend 10K on photographic gear even 3 years that pocket money for anybody making a living out of their craft.

Is it useful ? Well you can always do better. Both the hardware and the photographer. The more you can trust and delegate to the hardware or ot your subconcious brain, the more you can put your focus on other things for even better results. That's great.

Now if one is an amateur and quite wealthy or just extremely motivated and buy it anyway, why not. Sure I agree that buying Jimi Hendrix guitar doesn't make you as good musician as Jimi but it doesn't means that a great guitarist shall limit himself only to the basic model for kids neither.

I might have to use your analogy about the musician because hardware, the wood the guitar is made out of, how the neck is connected to the body, and the electronics all make a difference. The tone, how he thing stays in tune, how the instrument stays true, and the overall experience with the musician( in this case the photographer) on how the final product turns out. Thank you for that one.

01-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
I might have to use your analogy about the musician because hardware, the wood the guitar is made out of, how the neck is connected to the body, and the electronics all make a difference. The tone, how he thing stays in tune, how the instrument stays true, and the overall experience with the musician( in this case the photographer) on how the final product turns out. Thank you for that one.
You are welcome
07-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A Canon convert.