Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bkpix Quote
I know some people are wary of used gear. My experience over many years of buying from KEH is that they rate condition very conservatively. A "bargain" body or lens typically arrives without a blemish, and I've never had a piece of used equipment bought there fail, though a used KP I bought last fall from B&H is back to them for warranty repair.
I agree their ratings and prices for the used film gear I've bought are far better then other online sources I have tried. I too have bought many from KEH and was always satisfied with my purchases. If not, their guarantees are great.

Do you know if they provide shutter counts for their digitals?

01-19-2018, 11:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I agree their ratings and prices for the used film gear I've bought are far better then other online sources I have tried. I too have bought many from KEH and was always satisfied with my purchases. If not, their guarantees are great.

Do you know if they provide shutter counts for their digitals?
I don't know whether they do or not. You might call them. Some digital cameras, like Canon, make it difficult to determine the shutter count.
01-20-2018, 03:54 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm a lot quicker to buy used lenses than used camera bodies. I just am leery of purchasing used electronics without knowing what use/abuse it has been through and with minimal warranty. I probably would be quicker to do so here on the Marketplace due to the fact that generally speaking the people selling are folks I can actually message and talk to about the gear and their experience with it.

As far as trying the waters with other camera brands, I think it's fine, although the only reason to do so for me would be try different glass. As far as image quality goes, Pentax produces images that are more than good enough for me.